Foundation Repair??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation Repair??

Well I am finally going to get our Foundation repaired...Anyone have any suggestions?

We just had our foundation repaired, we had around 8 different companies come out. These people were VERY reasonable, fast, and seem to have done a good job. They look like hobos, but hell for the price I can get by that

AAA Foundation 972 286 6595

Comment

i've used this guy several times, and he does an excellent job:

pyramid foundation
      jose
      214-505-4804

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
        i've used this guy several times, and he does an excellent job:

pyramid foundation
        jose
        214-505-4804
        I had him come out, I think he quoted me 8200 and I ended up getting it done for 2300.00

Comment

Buzzo what did they charge per pier? Inside and outside pier?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
            I had him come out, I think he quoted me 8200 and I ended up getting it done for 2300.00
            wow! there must have been a major difference in the work quoted. the funny thing is that 10 foundation companies will have 10 different ways of fixing the problem...it's probably the same way with the engineers. i have an engineer that i use, and i just have a few different people price up the work, based on the engineer's drawing...the cost of the engineer is $350, if i remember correctly.

here's the engineer's info:
            robert
            214-769-8319

Comment

olshan, nolan ryan recommends them

Comment

wow! there must have been a major difference in the work quoted. the funny thing is that 10 foundation companies will have 10 different ways of fixing the problem...it's probably the same way with the engineers. i have an engineer that i use, and i just have a few different people price up the work, based on the engineer's drawing...the cost of the engineer is $350, if i remember correctly.

robert
                214-769-8319
                Same work, I had an engineers report done before I had the quotes. Jose was one of the higher estimates I received. Might want to call the guys above next time you have a job, I think you'll be impressed on how cheap they are.

Thanks for referring him to me though

Comment

Can you describe the issues you had with your foundation? Signs? How bad was it visually? What did they fix it and how? I've got some signs of issues at my house, but I'm not sure how bad it is relatively speaking....thanks in advance. Are you fixing the sheetrock related damage yourself? Elaborate....

Comment

Same work, I had an engineers report done before I had the quotes. Jose was one of the higher estimates I received. Might want to call the guys above next time you have a job, I think you'll be impressed on how cheap they are.

i'll definitely give them a call when i have another house that needs work...i'm still shocked at how high he was. he's always been much cheaper than any other i've used.

Comment

i'll definitely give them a call when i have another house that needs work...i'm still shocked at how high he was. he's always been much cheaper than any other i've used.
                      Now remember, when calling these guys or talking to them on the phone, they're basically hillbillies. When you see them pull up, or hear their names you will see. They stay pretty busy, and they work for peanuts. I guess that's why they stay so busy? Only thing I have bad to say about them is their clean up isn't the best.

Comment

Now when you guys had this done did you get an independent engineer to come out and tell you exactly needs to be done?? or just you just use the companies one to check?

Comment

Originally posted by DFWminis View Post
                          Now when you guys had this done did you get an independent engineer to come out and tell you exactly needs to be done?? or just you just use the companies one to check?
                          we both got engineers...it's really the only way to get them to price it "apples to apples", because they'll all have a different idea on how to fix the issue.

robert
                          214-769-8319

Comment

Now remember, when calling these guys or talking to them on the phone, they're basically hillbillies. When you see them pull up, or hear their names you will see. They stay pretty busy, and they work for peanuts. I guess that's why they stay so busy? Only thing I have bad to say about them is their clean up isn't the best.
                            i think that pretty much sums up all of them! lol

Comment

Be careful when doing foundation repair. If your problem is not that bad don't do it. Sometimes all they do is make things worse. Small cracks in sheetrock is normal.

CN

Comment

Working...
                              X