Sako Mosin Nagant 28/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sako Mosin Nagant 28/30

After accidentally ordering some 7.62x54R ammo instead of 7.62x39, I decided I should pick up a gun that will shoot it. I picked up just a run of the mill 91/30 a few weeks ago, but then this weekend I came across a Finnish Sako 28/30 and bought it also since from what I've read it is one of the rarer Nagants

The darker one is the Finnish version with improved sights made by Sako. It was built in 1934.

Is that a straight stock Sako? If it is, it's actually pretty rare. Do yourself a favor, and put Timney triggers on those things, btw.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

X2 I hate the crunchy mosin trigger
      03 cobra

Comment

I need a couple Mosins
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
          X2 I hate the crunchy mosin trigger
          My M44 has a thought operated trigger. It's also operated by bayoneting refrigerators.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            Is that a straight stock Sako? If it is, it's actually pretty rare.
            How would I tell? Just from my observations the differences I can see are the sights, hex receiver, how the bands on the foregrip attach and the overall gun is about 1.5" shorter then the 91/30. This is my first venture into the world of Nagants, so all my knowledge is limited to what I've read on the internet.

Comment

Here's a good start:

Bear in mind, if it is ultra rare, it may be worth up to and including $50 more American dollars than you paid for it.

Dang! Looking at that thing, I'd like an M28, if I could find one with a Sig barrel.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I appreciate it I had not come across that site in my searching, I'm not overly concerned with the value, I just like having something different that you don't see everyday.

Comment

Those sights are pretty interesting. I've never heard of that model, very nice.

I've had a handful of mosins and never had a nasty trigger on any, hard yes, but never gritty or rough. Lucky I guess?

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  My M44 has a thought operated trigger. It's also operated by bayoneting refrigerators.
                  One of my type 53's is similar, it's always fun anticipating the break.

Comment

Working...
                  X