So pissed at the reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So pissed at the reports

After an 18 hour day of crazy people at a psych hospital and then work, I was listening to WBAP on the way home when John Batchelor does an interview with a British guy about he Arizona shooting. I actually had to sit down and email this guy about the terrible information he was spewing out.

The reporter from the Financial Times was a British guy who had to comment on how EU has a lower crime rate because they dont have guns and that America does because guns are bad. Then he commented on the "high capacity clips" that the damn kid had. Then went on to say the glock 19 was a semiautomatic assault weapon and was considered a candidate for the assault weapons ban of the Clinton Era. It just kept going. What the fuck does this British guy (who wasnt even in our country until 4 years ago) doing reporting on American gun laws of the past, present when it is obvious he has no fucking clue about what he is talking about. This is some liberal bullshit at it's best.

damn board isnt moving...

Anyways, Im probably wasting my time emailing the buy, but I find it amazing a conservative talk radio network would allows this guy to interview this liberal reporter with blatantly incorrect information. In the email, I did provide links to the statistics, youtube video on Switzerlands gun/military policy, etc. See if he emails back

Comment

Na, they just have to get the false information out there for ratings.

ratings are the same as votes for politicians. As long as they get them, it does not matter what's right/wrong, true/false, so on...
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
        Na, they just have to get the false information out there for ratings.

ratings are the same as votes for politicians. As long as they get them, it does not matter what's right/wrong, true/false, so on...
        Very true. Until someone can get their own radio station or TV station going against the media nothing can be done. It's stupid how my roommates say i shouldn't have a gun. I told them every thief/criminal loves an unarmed person.

Comment

Had there been some CHL's around, I doubt the guy would have gotten so many shots off.

What gets me is there are so many people killed by drunk drivers and no push to ban cars that go over 20 mph, but they'll try to take away a constitutional right from law abiding citizens that was important enough that the founding fathers placed it #2 on the list.

Comment

They can keep their low crime rate, gun control and heavy handed government. I'll keep my tolerable crime rate, my guns and my ability to resist a heavy handed government if necessary.

Pretty good article on this exact subject: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...john-r-lott-jr

More guns in the hands of good citizens always, without fail will lead to less crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Marss View Post
              Had there been some CHL's around, I doubt the guy would have gotten so many shots off.

What gets me is there are so many people killed by drunk drivers and no push to ban cars that go over 20 mph, but they'll try to take away a constitutional right from law abiding citizens that was important enough that the founding fathers placed it #2 on the list.
              The argument is probably that a guns invention and intended use is for killing and destruction. Where as a car is a mode of transportation. And such as for both, they all depend on the person you put behind them on how they'll be used.

Comment

Who gives a fuck what the British think? I sure as hell don't.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Good point,

Comment

Arizona's an Open Carry state, isn't it?

Comment

Didn't we kick the shit out of those guys?

Comment

There was a CHL holder around, and he nearly drew down on someone who took the attackers glock away from him. He handled himself well by not shooting.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Didn't we kick the shit out of those guys?
                          twice
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by MandyZ View Post
                            Good point,
                            Not so much a newb. Just didn't care enough to have my post count from the other forum brought here.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                              There was a CHL holder around, and he nearly drew down on someone who took the attackers glock away from him. He handled himself well by not shooting.
                              The key point is A (singular) chl holder.

Comment

Working...
                              X