On off and repeat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On off and repeat...

Its an HP elite Q6700 quad with 6gb with nvidia 9500 gs video card. It recently started acting up. On start up, it runs for 5 seconds, then shuts off for 5 seconds. Then repeat. It does this till i hold down the power button, or i pull the plug. There is no activity on the moniter nor can i access any bios.

I figured it was a fried power supply, so i replaced it with a better higher wattage PS. No change. Help!

Where there any symptoms leading up to this issue?

Comment

Check your PM's

Comment

it could be a bad power cable too. I have seen it happen.

Comment

Nothing prior to this...

Comment

Fans clogged?

Comment

My computer randomly started acting up a few months back and it would just randomly shut off so here's what I'd suggest.

1. Check your power supply
              2. Check your mobo, you'll be looking for bad capacitors, probably buldging ones. You need to look at each one carefully because they can be easy to overlook.
              3. Check your RAM. If you've got multiple sticks of RAM then pull all but 1 of them out and boot up, if that crashes try another. If they all crash out then it's probably not bad RAM.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Working...
              X