Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prairie dogs beware

there is a new gun in town.

I pulled the scope off my bolt gun .308 just to see if this thing would even shoot straight. Guess what; it did. I am using some cheapo rings I had laying around in my spare parts bin. As soon as I can make some more money I am buying a new scope and mount set for this gun so the .308 can get back to normal.

First 6 shots down the tube at 75yrds using Wolf 75gr match BTHP. All 20 rounds were just like this one if not better. I can not wait to take her out further and further.

Now to clean it and take her back tomorrow to put some more rounds through it.

Saber Defense 1:8 24" flutted .950" barrel in a Mega billet upper reciever and a Young National Match bolt and carrier.

Once I get some fire formed brass built up for it I may venture into reloading.

For those that were over at my house on Saturday for the build party; I was able to get the barrel and forend pretty damn close to being centered. I chose not shoot it with iron sights so the alignment of the very front of the tube was not that important when it came down to slinging lead.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Very nice! I love the barrel on that mofo. You going to be poking around market hall on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
      Very nice! I love the barrel on that mofo. You going to be poking around market hall on Saturday?
      The barrel was a CJ recommendation and looks like it is going to fit the bill.

I need to pick up a buffer tube, so if my wife is working I will be.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        The barrel was a CJ recommendation and looks like it is going to fit the bill.

I need to pick up a buffer tube, so if my wife is working I will be.
        Looks like it's performing great! You measure the center of each bullet impact, so that group is actually a 1/4" better. Looks like you're shooting sub 1/4" moa adjusted for 100 yards. Sabre makes very good barrels - you get what you pay for! If you're free this weekend after the gun show we should go shoot out a little further. I don't see a sling lug on your fore grip, you need a bipod!

oh, and it's time for you to get hand loading! 75gr projectiles on sale @ wideners - 500 for $65.00
        Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply has ammo and reloading supplies for sale at cheap prices. Find out why we're the best deal on the web today!
        Last edited by CJ; 01-11-2011, 06:33 PM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          Looks like it's performing great! You measure the center of each bullet impact, so that group is actually a 1/4" better. Looks like you're shooting sub 1/4" moa adjusted for 100 yards. Sabre makes very good barrels - you get what you pay for! If you're free this weekend after the gun show we should go shoot out a little further. I don't see a sling lug on your fore grip, you need a bipod!

oh, and it's time for you to get hand loading! 75gr projectiles on sale @ wideners - 500 for $65.00
          http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...ir=278|281|727
          I totaly forgot that I am taking the Texas CHL on Saturday so no range, no show and no fun for me. The barrel just got a good cleaning and I am heading to Winchester tomorrow a little after noon to get some more rounds through the tube and another cleaning, then a few more down the tube.

I would love to push this thing out if I have the chance before I go back on Monday.

I have more sling lugs than I can shake a stick at. The forearm came with two and I bought two more. For a bipod mount I have a rail and pod just not on the gun yet. Maybe tomorrow I will shoot from the pod.

I am more than happy with that 1/4" groups. I wonder what real ammo will net me. lol

Comment

I totaly forgot that I am taking the Texas CHL on Saturday so no range, no show and no fun for me. The barrel just got a good cleaning and I am heading to Winchester tomorrow a little after noon to get some more rounds through the tube and another cleaning, then a few more down the tube.

I would love to push this thing out if I have the chance before I go back on Monday.

I have more sling lugs than I can shake a stick at. The forearm came with two and I bought two more. For a bipod mount I have a rail and pod just not on the gun yet. Maybe tomorrow I will shoot from the pod.

I am more than happy with that 1/4" groups. I wonder what real ammo will net me. lol
            Sunday work for you?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Now that ive found a Load that my rifle liked. Reload !!!!

Ive never shot this good in my life. Mine is just a non freefloated/lightweight m4. Im getting the same groups as yours at a 100 yards.

With factory ammo its usually 1 1/2- 2 inch groups.

24.3gr of h335 55grvmax.

I want to try their 53grvmax next since its a boat tail.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                Sunday work for you?
                Where at? I will have to check with my wife but it should be okay as long as it is not in Oklahoma or somewhere like that.

Comment

Very nice grouping man.

How much $$ invested in that gun?

David

Comment

Where at? I will have to check with my wife but it should be okay as long as it is not in Oklahoma or somewhere like that.
                    Jcssa burleson.

Comment

Working...
                    X