Windows 7 Is Complicated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Is Complicated

Well apparently i cant understand Windows 7. All i wanna do is put a cd in and rip it to Itunes. Well its not giving me that option. Also Im trying to stream videos to my xbox, and its not letting me select or I dont know how to. Can someone explain all this for me?? When I had Windows XP I had no problem doing this. lol

Thanks
    GOPR0198 by larrychance88

For video sharing, I think you need to setup a homegroup between the Xbox and the W7 PC. I'm not 100% sure for the xbox ,but that's what I just did between my laptop and my HTPC.

For the itunes thing, I always use the command in itunes to rip from disc.

Comment

http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/...indows-7-.aspx <---stream to Xbox

Comment

Alright, I already did that what you posted above Tx Redneck. I went to my xbox and pulled up the video tab and none of my movies are in it. By the way all my movies are on another hard-drive in the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          For the itunes thing, I always use the command in itunes to rip from disc.
          What you mean the command? I pulled down every tab and no rip available. When i put the disc in it ITunes wont even read it. It only lets me play the music in WMP. And i dont even see a rip tab in there either??

Comment

I'm on windows 7 and with I-tunes open, as soon as I put a disc in it asks me automatically if I want to add cd to itunes. If it doesn't do that for you, click "File" then go down to "add folder to library" and select your cd drive with the cd in there.

I have my comp hooked up to my xbox too. To start, go to "control panel" then "hardware and devices" and see if your xbox comes up. If it does and won't let you connect to it or it asks for a password, go to www.xbox.com/pcsetup if you have anymore questions, let me know. I'll do my best to walk you through it.

Roll Tide...
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

K. Well it says its there, Imma go back to the xbox an see if i can watch a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
                K. Well it says its there, Imma go back to the xbox an see if i can watch a movie.
                Have you enabled file sharing on your computer? If not, go to "control panel", then under "network and internet" there it should say something about sharing options. Click on that. Then click on "stream my pictures, movies, etc...to all devices on my network."
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Both WMP and itunes ask me automatically if I want to rip/import from the CD. even if I click no on itunes, the option to rip is in the lower right hand corner of the screen that lists the CD info.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 71chevellejohn; 01-12-2011, 12:02 AM.

Comment

This isnt a CD-rw That im trying to rip on there, I took all my music from windows xp and put it on a disc to save it.

Comment

This isnt a CD-rw That im trying to rip on there, I took all my music from windows xp and put it on a disc to save it.
                      can you rip the cd to your pc hard drive then go into i turnes and share the folder that the cd is ripped in?
                      03 cobra

Comment

Well apparently i cant understand Windows 7. All i wanna do is put a cd in and rip it to Itunes. Well its not giving me that option. Also Im trying to stream videos to my xbox, and its not letting me select or I dont know how to. Can someone explain all this for me?? When I had Windows XP I had no problem doing this. lol

Thanks
                        Sorry that part of Windows 7 was my idea!
                        Originally posted by Nash B.
                        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

oh, you probably saved it as data. how many songs on 1 disc? is it a cd or a dvd?

just browse the disc, select all, copy. paste into your music folder.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by wicked98snake View Post
                            sorry that part of windows 7 was my idea!
                            lol

Comment

Working...
                            X