Delete your posts on "the other site"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete your posts on "the other site"

Figured the best way to get back at the canuks was to delete your posts. They may have a backup but hopefully not

Deleting your posts over there does nothing. They all still exist, they are just only visible to mods / admins.

Comment

If you delete your post, it's merely a soft delete. They can still see everything on their end.
      Originally posted by Vertnut
      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Man, I refer to that site all the time when looking for info. That will suck to lose it all.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop
          Man, I refer to that site all the time when looking for info. That will suck to lose it all.

Agreed! Don't do it

Comment

if it is only available to admin then how will that help when their money is generated from search hits? If guests and members cant see it then it strips the board. Unless an admin wants to put each post back in which case at least it will be a pain in their ass??!!

Comment

I'm not deleting 18k+ posts.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor!
                I'm not deleting 18k+ posts.

All you have to do is delete all the threads you started and you deleted everyones post in those threads. You dont have to delete every post.

Comment

I like the plan, but doubt the ability to effectively execute

Comment

all the way back to '08 so far. Its tough deleting some of these but owell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason
                      all the way back to '08 so far. Its tough deleting some of these but owell.
                      It's probably even tougher considering you're accomplishing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelonious Funk
                        It's probably even tougher considering you're accomplishing nothing.

once again, how so? The only way the posts are going to come back is either going one by one undeleting them or ripping the whole board down and loading a previous image of the board. Either way collassal pain in the asses, especially if more than one person starts deleting their posts.

Why does this place buy up sites? Oh yeah, to get hits off search engines and make money off the banners. So less traffic brought in by removing posts, the less money they make.

Once again, where is deleting your posts accomplishing "nothing"?

Comment

Fuck that!

Comment

Originally posted by Lason
                            once again, how so? The only way the posts are going to come back is either going one by one undeleting them or ripping the whole board down and loading a previous image of the board. Either way collassal pain in the asses, especially if more than one person starts deleting their posts.

Why does this place buy up sites? Oh yeah, to get hits off search engines and make money off the banners. So less traffic brought in by removing posts, the less money they make.

Once again, where is deleting your posts accomplishing "nothing"?
                            Or they just undelete all posts from the administration console

Comment

But if we go in and delete every post, that's an extra 3 hits per thread - 1 for the search, 1 to go into the thread, and 1 when you're redirected after the thread has been deleted. IMO this won't be any more effective than boycotting the site entirely and letting the board just go dead
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                              X