New CCW pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CCW pistol

So I normally carry my Sig P239 IWB or occasionally carry my wife's Sig P238 when we are out together. I wanted something I could conceal easier so I picked up a Ruger LCP. I was familiar with them as a friend has 2 of them. On the new produced ones (no dash in the serial number) Ruger made the sights a hair bigger and improved the trigger. The trigger is a little shorter and much smoother. Normally I don't like Ruger triggers but this one is much better than my experience with the LC9, SR9, and previous LCPs i've shot.

I've already added the Hogue grips, picked up a couple of the new Ruger 7 round mags, and i've got a BT stainless steel guide rod on the way. For now i'm using my Blackhawk size 4 pocket holster that I already had for my wife's Sig P238. I have a tuckable IWB kydex holster from Multiholster.com on the way but it'll be 7-8 weeks. :-(

I'm starting a new job next week and it does not have a 30.06 sign like my current employer so this little guy will be worn comfortably all day with business casual clothes.

Marcus
    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

I like that Hogue grip. I may try to find one for my LCP.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      I like that Hogue grip. I may try to find one for my LCP.
      I'd highly recommend the Hogue grip. It's better than the usual sleeves. You actually remove the mainspring cap on bottom and remove the frame pin, the grip slips on, secures up into the rear frame on bottom and is held in place with a new supplied frame pin. It was $9 shipped on ebay (Hogue #18100). I found the 7 round Ruger mags on Ebay as well for $40 each shipped. While pricey I like the extra round and the added room for my pinky.

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
        I'd highly recommend the Hogue grip. It's better than the usual sleeves. You actually remove the mainspring cap on bottom and remove the frame pin, the grip slips on, secures up into the rear frame on bottom and is held in place with a new supplied frame pin. It was $9 shipped on ebay (Hogue #18100). I found the 7 round Ruger mags on Ebay as well for $40 each shipped. While pricey I like the extra round and the added room for my pinky.

Marcus
        Great. Another Ebay purchase coming up. I only won 20 auctions last month and combined with other parts purchases it is like Brown Santa has shown up once a day for the entire month. Wife not happy. lol

Comment

They need one in zombie green. For now pink will do.

Comment

Great. Another Ebay purchase coming up. I only won 20 auctions last month and combined with other parts purchases it is like Brown Santa has shown up once a day for the entire month. Wife not happy. lol
            Yes, brown Santa has been visiting here an usual amount and the wife has started asking questions!

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
              Yes, brown Santa has been visiting here an usual amount and the wife has started asking questions!
              There is a mound behind our couch. She can always tell when it is getting close to me coming home for leave. UPS and USPS wear a path to the door.

Where did you pick the LCP up at and do you mind how much you gave for it? I may buy her one and put the pink grip on it. For now, black will work for mine.

Comment

There is a mound behind our couch. She can always tell when it is getting close to me coming home for leave. UPS and USPS wear a path to the door.

Where did you pick the LCP up at and do you mind how much you gave for it? I may buy her one and put the pink grip on it. For now, black will work for mine.
                Academy Frisco. It was $359. Comes with two 6 round mags (flush & pinky baseplates) and some useless hardcase for the gun (It's called the LCP kit). I believe the Plano Academy has just the LCP with one mag for $329. A new 6 round mag is $30 so you're really just paying for the mag with the kit.

Comment

Very cool! Ya, I've been rockin a Kel Tec P32 for years. I love being able to carry in almost any attire. I thought about upping to a 9, but this little booger is now a part of my permanent pocket inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    Very cool! Ya, I've been rockin a Kel Tec P32 for years. I love being able to carry in almost any attire. I thought about upping to a 9, but this little booger is now a part of my permanent pocket inventory.
                    Thats the same with my TCP. Hell ive been wanded 3-4 times and they have yet to catch it. Back pocket in a wallet style or in my cargo shorts side pocket.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Be careful carring at work. Even without the 30.06 if the employee rules say no fire arms they can still can you if they ever find out.

And very cool. I need to pick up another small summer gun but I hated my keltec p11 so I may look into the LCP
                      07 f250-family truckster
                      08 Denali -baby hauler
                      52 f1-rust bucket
                      05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                      livin the double-wide dream

Comment

My work has a ccw welcome sign on the door.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                          Be careful carring at work. Even without the 30.06 if the employee rules say no fire arms they can still can you if they ever find out.

And very cool. I need to pick up another small summer gun but I hated my keltec p11 so I may look into the LCP
                          Company policies are almost always in place. Concealed is concealed. My thought is if i'm careless enough to get caught then I deserve to get sh*t canned. ;-)

Marcus

Comment

nice. i'm really happy with my lc9. i have a fobus holster for it and the fitment is great.

Comment

I need to find one of these local. Purple for the wife.

Comment

Working...
                              X