Remington, Mossberg or Winchester?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington, Mossberg or Winchester?

Talking shotguns, I sold my Rem. 870 Tac. a few years ago and was looking to replace my scattergun. Im not looking to spend $500 or a $1k more a home defense type pump. Thoughts in the above mfg., not interested in H&R or other china/turkey made weapon either...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Winchester Defender is the best hands down....Also the most expensive.

Comment

Ya know, my buddy has a mossberg 590a1 and I have a Rem 870 Tac - there are some minor differences but at the end of the day they both worked equally as well IMO. His did seem heavier I think.

Dunno the 590A1 looks a little cooler though.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I picked up a fully synthetic 870 from walmart a few years back for a little over $250 tehn cut 10 inches off the bbl.

I think that's about as cheap as your gonna find for home defense. Take it the thing has morphed from a cheap HD gun to a collapsible pistol grip stock, extended magazine, side saddled money pit, but it started off cheap and innocent.

I have one Winchester 1300, a Mossberg 500, an old side by side, and two 870's if that means anything to you.
        Last edited by Grimpala; 01-12-2011, 04:16 PM.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

I would go with the 870. More accessories for it and it's the more popular choice for companies that modify them like Wilson/Scattergun Technologies (and I'm a Winchester 1300 Defender owner).

Comment

cheaper than dirt has the home defender 870 remington on sale for $299.00 that is a great price for a "cantgowrong".
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I'm looking at getting rid of my Benelli SuperNova Tactical. It's been flawless for me, but I have something else in mind.

PM me if you're interested.

Comment

The military has been using 870s and 500s for a long time. You can't go wring with either.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  The military has been using 870s and 500s for a long time. You can't go wring with either.
                  This!

They are both super reliable and well built. I'd say to go with which ever one you got a better price on.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I love my Remi 870, why did you sell it?

Comment

I had it all decked out, pistol grip, pistol grip pump, side saddle, laser, pakerized folding stock. Friend of mine came over and saw, had to have it, I sold it. Now I regret it...

Academy has a Mossberg for $189.00, CTD in McKinney has the above mentioned Rem 870 for $299.00 and a Winchester Defender X for $313.00, the Winni looks baddass!
                      Attached Files
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                      X