Finally done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally done!

nothing special, but it's my 1st one. gotta start somewhere, right? now i just need to find time to try it out, hopefully it doesn't blow up in my face.

-anvil arms lower
    -dpms lower parts kit
    -lar blemished upper ($60 shipped & couldn't find a single thing wrong with it)
    -bcm 16" mid length chrome 1/7 barrel
    -bcm bolt carrier group
    -bcm med charging handle
    -gg&g gas block/flip up sights
    -magpul stock

Last edited by the spindoctor; 01-12-2011, 08:32 PM.
    Justin

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
    nothing special, but it's my 1st one. gotta start somewhere, right? now i just need to find time to try it out, hopefully it doesn't blow up in my face.

-anvil arms lower
    -dpms lower parts kit
    -lar blemished upper ($60 shipped & couldn't find a single thing wrong with it)
    -bmc 16" mid length chrome 1/7 barrel
    -bmc bolt carrier group
    -bmc med charging handle
    -gg&g gas block/flip up sights
    -magpul stock

Looking good! Do you have a link to that $60 upper, great deal!
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      Looking good! Do you have a link to that $60 upper, great deal!
      looks like they only have a2's now, but i'm not sure how often they get them in though. kind of wish i had snagged another one now. and you have to actually call them to place an order.

Justin

Comment

I like it, nice and clean. Looks good
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

BMC? Do you mean BCM..Bravo Company Mfg? If so, good buy!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
            BMC? Do you mean BCM..Bravo Company Mfg? If so, good buy!
            yep, brain fart on my end.
            Justin

Comment

yep, brain fart on my end.
              Badass. Think I'm going with a BCM 14.5" upper with pinned/welded Battlecomp 1.5 to bring it to 16.1" on my next build. Let us know how you like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                Badass. Think I'm going with a BCM 14.5" upper with pinned/welded Battlecomp 1.5 to bring it to 16.1" on my next build. Let us know how you like it!
                What is the point of that exactly? Why not get a 16" or SBR it?
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

put 120 rounds downrange today without a hitch, although apparently the front sight is canted quite a bit. i guess that's one thing where eyeballing it just doesn't cut it. very surprised how clean it was afterward, 50rnds out of my .22 was filthy in comparison.
                  Justin

Comment

put 120 rounds downrange today without a hitch, although apparently the front sight is canted quite a bit. i guess that's one thing where eyeballing it just doesn't cut it. very surprised how clean it was afterward, 50rnds out of my .22 was filthy in comparison.
                    It's easiest to use a laser bore sight to adjust your front sights before you pin them.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      It's easiest to use a laser bore sight to adjust your front sights before you pin them.
                      yeah, i need to get one sometime. it's a clamp on gas block so at least i can adjust it eventually. didn't think it would be that far off since i checked that air passed through the port, but i guess there's more overlap than i realized.
                      Justin

Comment

yeah, i need to get one sometime. it's a clamp on gas block so at least i can adjust it eventually. didn't think it would be that far off since i checked that air passed through the port, but i guess there's more overlap than i realized.
                        Oh, if it's a clamp on then it's a minor inconvenience. If you pin a front sight wrong, you're f'ed.

Comment

Working...
                        X