carbon fiber suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbon fiber suppliers

does anyone know a good place to purchase carbon fiber manufacturing equipment?

need mold making equipment, release agents, resins, and of course carbon fiber cloth. local is always better.

i will want a resin infusion and vacuum bagging setup
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Originally posted by momo View Post
    does anyone know a good place to purchase carbon fiber manufacturing equipment?

need mold making equipment, release agents, resins, and of course carbon fiber cloth. local is always better.

i will want a resin infusion and vacuum bagging setup
    I am not sure if they sell small scale or not. Cytec Engineered Materials has a plant in Greenville.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I buy a lot of materials from this place. http://www.uscomposites.com/ They possibly could give you some leads

Comment

thanks both.

yea my guess is cytec is a large b2b supplier. i may reach out to them anyways.

uscomposites looks promising. easy composites looked great but is based out of the UK and shipping is a MFer.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
          thanks both.

yea my guess is cytec is a large b2b supplier. i may reach out to them anyways.

uscomposites looks promising. easy composites looked great but is based out of the UK and shipping is a MFer.
          Yeah, cytec deals mostly in aerospace.

Oh, what are you planning on producing?

Comment

Ill pay you to make some stuff if you wanted to make it. pM if so
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

sometimes i like to pick up strange trades. i want to learn then eventually fabricate a few things for myself.

i plan on starting out by reproducing parts by casting them as molds. if i get good at that, then i can try to cast unique molds from original or adapted designs. then if i get good at that, then i'll want to invest in better equipment and pre-preg carbon tooling.

trust me, you don't want me to make anything for you yet. i'll post up if i get to that level! i have never done CFRP, just a tiny bit of experience in fiberglass.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I have always been intrigued by it. My mom worked at the cytec plant for 20 years. My dad and older brother worked there as well. I have been around it to some degree the better portion of my life I guess. I have tried on many occasions to get on at the plant with no such luck! I have some mold making experience on a small scale, RTV molds for resin cast model parts. Keep us updated!

Comment

You're already ahead of me then. I've messed with FG once with my dad when I was like 7!

I thought about just covering a couple things so if you get into it and just do that I'd be game too
                  1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

cytec wont, i helped build part of one of their new buildings and asked some of the managers about it and they deal in aero and gov stuff. asked if i could even have some scraps to make a hood with and one guy said if they could it would cost a couple grand.

Comment

Working...
                    X