Warrior dash 2011!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior dash 2011!!!

Anyone else here signed up for the 2011 warrior dash in April? I'm running Saturday at 130. Time to alter my running style a little bit!

If I am here, I will be down for this.

Comment

I was so not impressed with it last year. Too many people, not enough food or support. I don't think I will be participating in an event like that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
        I was so not impressed with it last year. Too many people, not enough food or support. I don't think I will be participating in an event like that again.
        Not enough food? WTF? It's a run...haha. But i have heard it's packed. then again most of the big name runs are. We will see how it turns out soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Not enough food? WTF? It's a run...haha. But i have heard it's packed. then again most of the big name runs are. We will see how it turns out soon enough.
          This event is more about the food, beer and music then it is about the run. You will see.

Comment

This event is more about the food, beer and music then it is about the run. You will see.
            Sweet! Now I'm even more excited as me and friends really enjoy that stuff. If you change your mind there will be a bunch of us doing the heats from 130 to 230 Saturday haha.

Comment

I checked the site out and some Youtube vids. That looks like hella fun, but not really all that difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                I checked the site out and some Youtube vids. That looks like hella fun, but not really all that difficult.
                Races are only difficult if you're trying To do well. Of course this won't be hard to someone hitting the 30 minute mark or higher.

Comment

my only suggestion is wear cleats. It was so slick on some parts of the track from previous heats that you couldnt hardly walk. If you have cleats on you can run through these sections, and there were quite a few. The compacted mud was slicker then ice. I probably fell 5-6 times.

Comment

my only suggestion is wear cleats. It was so slick on some parts of the track from previous heats that you couldnt hardly walk. If you have cleats on you can run through these sections, and there were quite a few. The compacted mud was slicker then ice. I probably fell 5-6 times.
                    Blah...that's gonna add a kink in the plan. I wonder if anpair of aggressive cross trainers will work as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Blah...that's gonna add a kink in the plan. I wonder if anpair of aggressive cross trainers will work as well?
                      Nope, you need cleats, the mud gets compacted, and its that nice clay gumbo we have around here. It is like a skating Rink. I wore my trail running shoes and they were pretty much useless.

Within the first 5 minutes you will have run through several creeks, and mud pits. Your shoes will weigh 10 pounds by that point, and the they are useless. Might as well be barefoot

The only people I saw that werent falling down and flopping around in the slick parts had cleats on.

Comment

I'm going to pass on the this, but may do the Jailbreak later in the year. Jailbreak proceeds go to charity.

X2 on the cleats or something similar. That mud was slick.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                          I'm going to pass on the this, but may do the Jailbreak later in the year. Jailbreak proceeds go to charity.

X2 on the cleats or something similar. That mud was slick.
                          Need to get on your bike.

I have a mountain bike now, so we can go hit up the trails sometime.

Comment

Need to get on your bike.

I have a mountain bike now, so we can go hit up the trails sometime.
                            Yea, I need to get back on that thing. Needs to warm up a bit...the cold weather if bad on my rheumatism.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                              Yea, I need to get back on that thing. Needs to warm up a bit...the cold weather if bad on my rheumatism.
                              boohoo. I rode yesterday, wasnt that bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X