Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Trap Air Filters / Dryers (Compressor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Trap Air Filters / Dryers (Compressor)

In the market looking for a decent or I can say "Best bang for your buck" deal in air filters / traps. We (Father & I) don't do much painting at the shop but at times we will lay some primer down or paint some hinges. As of now we don't have any air filters to stop any excess of water that gets created. Usually we just drain it from the bottom of the compressor. The shop is not that big at all, 1k sq ft & compressor is an 80gal. I don't want to go online and buy something I have no idea on what im buying or what will work best. We usually do mostly body / frame work, so painting is not done as much as slinging bondo. Maybe fellas can chime in, I think Rick Modena, or Mark Preus are painters or know a good amount more than myself.

Gracias,
    Dirty (sosoe) Sanchez....

You can pick up the Sharp trap pretty cheap,try English Color. Or try Northern for a cheap one. If you are not doing a lot of paint work you don't need much more than a properly ran air line and a simple water trap. If you painted a lot you could put the DeVilbis system in but that is pretty expensive. A used A/C dryer would be pimp also.

Comment

Not alot of painting now, maybe in the near future. Ill check out English color and DeVilbis is pricey I've noticed.. But, you get what you pay for..

Comment

Sharp is pretty affordable, you can get a singe unit for around $200.00 if your only going to run one line into the booth, but if you want for the entire shop I would buy a 3-4 unit, it will prolong your air tools life.

Oh and BTW, fuck you for fronting me out, puto!
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Mount it as low in the circuit as you can.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Sharp is pretty affordable, you can get a singe unit for around $200.00 if your only going to run one line into the booth, but if you want for the entire shop I would buy a 3-4 unit, it will prolong your air tools life.

Yeah, just 1 line will do as of now(link of said unit), not big of a shop as I said, and compressor is this one in my thread, so a single one will do for now till we get a bigger shop.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...05&postcount=1

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

Oh and BTW, fuck you for fronting me out, puto!

Comment

You mount it at any level just be sure you have a drip leg before it with a drain valve.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              Mount it as low in the circuit as you can.

Comment

Working...
              X