Auto-X Guys -NTAXS Winter Autocross #1, 1/30/2011, Pennington Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-X Guys -NTAXS Winter Autocross #1, 1/30/2011, Pennington Field

In case some of you guys want to Auto-X and can't wait till spring time. I cut and pasted from another board.

The North Texas Autocross Series (NTAXS), presented by the North Texas S2000 Owners Club (NTS2KOC), is hosting our annual Winter Autocross event on Sunday, January 30th, 2011 at Pennington Field.

Pennington Field is located in Bedford, the heart of the Metroplex, on the southwest corner of Central Drive and State Highway 183.

The entry fee is $30 per person and you must pre-register at http://www.dlbracing.com starting Friday, January 14th. There is no on-site registration -- this will be strictly enforced. The event is limited to 60 drivers, so sign up early. Please join us for a great day of racing and fun.

The event will be cancelled if any of the following occur:

- Less than 34 people have signed up by 9 AM CST on Thursday, January 27th.
    - At 9 AM CST on Thursday, January 27th, the weather forecast for the event date calls for inclement conditions. In general, we will be looking for less than a 30% chance of rain and a high temperature greater than 45 degrees Fahrenheit.

Event cancellation will result in refunding each participant's money.

You get eight runs at NTAXS events, so you will make four runs in the AM session and four runs in the PM session.

8 AM – 9 AM Check-in, Registration, and mandatory Tech Inspection
    (You must arrive in time to have check in and pass tech inspection prior to 9 AM)
    8:15 AM – 9:30 AM Course open for walking
    9:15 AM Novice Meeting (mandatory if new to NTAXS events)
    9:30 AM Drivers Meeting (mandatory for all)
    9:45 AM First car out
    (Lunch and course-walk break between morning and afternoon heats totaling approximately one hour.)

Car Classing is based on engine size:
    - Class 1/1R is for engines under 2.3 liters, except Honda S2000 and Lotus
    Elise/Exige.
    - Class 2/2R is for engines over 2.2 liters, but under 4.0 liters, plus Honda S2000.
    - Class 3/3R is for engines over 3.9 liters, plus Lotus Elise/Exige.
    - Class S2000 is only for Honda S2000 on street tires.

Rotary engine multiplies displacement by 2.0. Usage of forced induction multiplies displacement by 1.5. (This is in addition to the rotary multiplier, if applicable.) Tires with a wear rating under 140 must use the R class.

View the rules and additional information at http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox.shtml.

Contact me at jrj512 at dfwmx5 dot com for more information.

For Winter Autocrosses, we use different courses for the AM and PM runs. Both courses will run in the same direction and use the same general path, but we will make changes that affect how you will approach and handle major elements and your direction through slaloms. The courses will be changed during the lunch break and participants will be told at the commencement of the lunch break when the course will be reopened for walking. We will also announce when the course will be closed for walking in order for us to begin the second half of the event. The course will be open to walk for at least 30 minutes. Your event performance will be based on a sum of your best time from the morning runs and your best time from the afternoon runs.

We will still use the same course in the AM and PM for regular season autocross events.
    Because of previous complaints regarding noise at Pennington Field, we must ensure that all vehicles meet a 100 dB sound limit in order to ensure that this site remains available to us in the future.

Simply stated, we will use a sound meter to measure each run from a place where you would be full throttle. If you exceed the limit three times, then you cannot make any additional runs in the offending vehicle. If you exceed the sound limit on a run, then you must attempt a viable remedy to reduce the sound before you can take another run.

The enforcement of this limit will generally follow the procedures outlined in the APPENDIX I - SOUND MEASUREMENT PROCEDURES section of the SCCA Solo National Rules, but there will be minor modifications in order for them to function with our club's procedures. You can find the SCCA Solo National Rules on www.scca.com, but here are the highlights:

The club will assign a steward to be in charge of sound enforcement for the event. This person will be responsible for configuring and testing the equipment, ensuring that the sound measuring station is manned for each heat, and working with drivers who exceed the sound limit.

An ANSI Type 2 sound meter with a digital readout will be placed 50' from a section of the course where the car can reasonably be expected to be at full throttle, under load, and at high RPM.

If you exceed the sound limit, then that run will be scored as a DNF.

You can take a subsequent run if you can show that you have attempted a viable remedy. If this run is still in excess, then you will again receive a DNF for that run.

You can make a third attempt if you can again show another attempt at a viable remedy. If you exceed the limit on your third attempt, then you will receive a DNF for the run and forfeit any additional runs in the offending vehicle. You are welcome to complete your remaining runs in a vehicle from the same class that is borrowed from a competitor, if available.

You cannot take runs outside of your assigned heat. For example, if you install a remedy after your first run, but you only have time in the heat for one more run, then you forfeit the remaining runs in that heat. However, you can still make your normal afternoon-heat runs, assuming that you are not exceeding the sound limit or have failed the sound limit for the previous three runs.

Rulings regarding sound are not protestable. We will do our best to work with offending vehicles to ensure that they can continue to compete (within the sound limits), but we cannot allow offending vehicles to continue competing outside of the sound limits. This is a reality to all clubs using Pennington Field must face.
    Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Damn my car won't be ready by then... I plan on catching a few of these this year.
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Thanks for posting this! I was unaware of the S2000 club running these. I'm going to have to clear my calendar!
      Thanks!
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
        Thanks for posting this! I was unaware of the S2000 club running these. I'm going to have to clear my calendar!
        Thanks!
        Yep! I hear they have great events as a few of their guys instruct for us.

Alas, I no longer live in Dallas....and the 100db thing would be a problem!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          Alas, I no longer live in Dallas....and the 100db thing would be a problem!
          Wait... WHAT?!?!?! I think I'm above 100 at WOT..... You've heard my car, what do you think?
          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
            Wait... WHAT?!?!?! I think I'm above 100 at WOT..... You've heard my car, what do you think?
            You are nowhere near 100db... maybe 85db...

Comment

is there a purse?
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Texas time trials has no sound limit, and you get twice as many runs, its more open like a road course, pennington is pretty small. I was going to this pennington event until i found out TTT is running an event on the 22nd
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                  is there a purse?
                  As in monies? no. its just for fun. like go to k-dale or ect...

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  Texas time trials has no sound limit, and you get twice as many runs, its more open like a road course, pennington is pretty small. I was going to this pennington event until i found out TTT is running an event on the 22nd
                  I like TTT, except that's its in Mineral Wells and the surface is less than desirable. For convenience hard to beat Pennington.
                  Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Yea i hear ya on the surface, I hope they dont take the db limit too seriously at pennington
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                    X