Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomeFront: Occupation for XBox360

This game looks very interesting, up to 32 players at a time in multiplayer
    (16vs16). An ingame economy that allows you to earn BattlePoints during matches, and then spend them during matches.

Look into it, it looks good.
    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Downloaded a video for it a while back on Live. Looks pretty cool.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

only thing i would worry about is that games lag pretty bad already with 9v9 so i can only imagine what it would be like 16v16
      2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
        only thing i would worry about is that games lag pretty bad already with 9v9 so i can only imagine what it would be like 16v16
        I'm not a techie by any stretch, but I know BlackOps counts on the players for hosting, and that's why there are occasional problems. From what I gather, this game will have it's own dedicated servers, so hopefully that'll smooth things out a bit.
        Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
          I have yet to have problems playing BC2 in Heavy metal with 32 players at one time with any lag whatsoever. I read it also supports dedicated servers so any lag will be dependent on your connection...
          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
            I have yet to have problems playing BC2 in Heavy metal with 32 players at one time with any lag whatsoever. I read it also supports dedicated servers so any lag will be dependent on your connection...
            ^^^
            This.

In the Xbox Live video preview they said that there will be dedicated servers. You still gotta worry about a companies first shot at this genre of game. They seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on multiplayer. I haven't seen shit regarding the campaign if there is any.

Comment

Lmao @ North Korea taking us on. Couldn't that have picked China or something?
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                North Korea is more likely. An all-out offensive by N.K. is a lot more likely than China. China needs us, and from what I've seen, has no reason to attack North America.

Comment

Anybody actually play this game?

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                    Yeah, i thought the same thing. I wondered why they didnt have it as China. Playing the game it helped pull the plot out.

The way they set up the story is : Kim Jong Il dies, his son takes over, unifies korea, bullies the newly reformed korea into an autocracy, becomes a leader in electronics (not hard to believe) which even US electronics companies offshore to. Eventually, he bullies Thailand, vietnam, etc into joining his compact, forces Japan to capitualite after a few pretenses of anti-korean violence in Japan.

Saudi Arabia and Iran are at war in Iraq, as Iran both pisses off the Turks by supporting a free Kurdish state, and moves in to Iraq to protect Shiites, and the Saudi's do the same to protect the Sunni south.

Meanwhile, the US has a huge energy crisis, financial meltdowns, and the US Military proceeds to "get digital" with its military, getting smaller and smaller. The US economy is in the sharp decline when Korea makes its move.

It all works out just peachy until the US is hit by an EMP and its military fuxxored.

Comment

I have the game. Pre-Ordered it. Got it tuesday at about 5 pm played until about 10 on the single player. Lastnight got home about 5 played it for 2 hours and bam!! beat the single player. Very disappointed in how short the single player was. Multi-player is fun and I have no lag issue what so ever. Alot of the drones and things like that are pretty cool. I will play the multi player more. Single player had some pretty fucked up intense cutscenes in it. Makes me want to stock up on ammo if so if any country actually does invade I can go out fighting

Comment

7 hours for a campaign sounds about on PAR with War based FPS's. I think I beat Black Ops in 6 hours, MoH in less than that, BC2 in about 6-7 hours as well.

Comment

i felt the campaign to be rather short, myself.

Usually, I think a 15-20 hour campaign is satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                            Yeah, i thought the same thing. I wondered why they didnt have it as China. Playing the game it helped pull the plot out.

The way they set up the story is : Kim Jong Il dies, his son takes over, unifies korea, bullies the newly reformed korea into an autocracy, becomes a leader in electronics (not hard to believe) which even US electronics companies offshore to. Eventually, he bullies Thailand, vietnam, etc into joining his compact, forces Japan to capitualite after a few pretenses of anti-korean violence in Japan.

Saudi Arabia and Iran are at war in Iraq, as Iran both pisses off the Turks by supporting a free Kurdish state, and moves in to Iraq to protect Shiites, and the Saudi's do the same to protect the Sunni south.

Meanwhile, the US has a huge energy crisis, financial meltdowns, and the US Military proceeds to "get digital" with its military, getting smaller and smaller. The US economy is in the sharp decline when Korea makes its move.

It all works out just peachy until the US is hit by an EMP and its military fuxxored.
                            I'm not buying it, the stumpfucking neckbeards would have them Koreans for dinner...
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Oh the rednecks fuck up NK a lot. I loved the story, it actually had emotional punch. I've been playing the multiplayer a bit, don't like that sniper rifles take several hits to drop someone or that quite often the server isn't accessable.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                              X