Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPod interface for the 2000 Mustang Mach system OEM Radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod interface for the 2000 Mustang Mach system OEM Radio?

I have the little iPod 16g and I want to be able to make some music lists and play them in my car. I have the OEM Mach system...does anyone make a plug n play interface? I see several options on eBay, but I want to make sure I get a good one that will work.

Recomendations?

-Jonny
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

I bought one of the Alpine units for my 02 Focus that goes through the FM antenna (not a FM modulator- those suck) and it works well. Song titles and artists show ups on the factory display.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
      I bought one of the Alpine units for my 02 Focus that goes through the FM antenna (not a FM modulator- those suck) and it works well. Song titles and artists show ups on the factory display.
      Can you post a link to the one you got?
      '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
        Can you post a link to the one you got?
        sure- here you go.

In some cases its cheaper to get a new head unit but I like to fly under the radar and use factory stuff and keep would be thieves in check.

I usually just upgrade my speakers and keep a factory look.

Comment

Did you install it yourself? How does it work?
          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Does your factory radio have the SAT button? My 2004 did. So does the one in my 2005 Escape. I bought the PIE adaptor for the Escape. It works great. The iPod feeds into the PIE adaptor, which then feeds into the connections on the back of the head unit for the factory satellite radio attachment.

This is not the exact one I got but you can find one you want. I got the one that allows any media player to feed into it via stereo headphone jack.
            Find the accessory you need for your vehicle including Bluetooth hands-free and music streaming add-ons, antenna retention cables and more. Visit our today!
            Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, no. The 2000 Mustang Mach system does not include an Aux button, a Sat button or come with the 6 disk changer option, that I'm aware of. All the adaptor cables I've seen are for the 2001+ Mustnag systems.

I'm perfectly ok with eliminating my CD player in favor of the iPod, though!
              Last edited by Jonny00GT; 01-16-2011, 03:04 PM.
              '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

I have a 2000. I yanked my Mach 460 radio and cd deck a long time ago. I used a Scosche Amp Interface adapter, 5v fixed volt regulator to eliminate amplifier pop (Sony uses 12v amp turn on), and a integrated a Sony Xplod MP3 deck with my stock Mach 460 amps/speakers. Sounds pretty decent. They also have adapters for iPods. And I also got a special fitted pod from Crutchfield to fill the void left after replacing the CD deck. To make it look half way decent and not have a hole in the center console.

Comment

Replace the radio or use a hardwired FM modulator.

Comment

Working...
                  X