Gunpowder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunpowder?

Is there any issue with buying powder in bulk and keeping it? As far as shelf life goes?
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Modern smokeless powder has an extremely long shelf life; keep in original container and away from moisture and heat. I have powder over 10 years old that still shoots as if it were new...

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
      Is there any issue with buying powder in bulk and keeping it? As far as shelf life goes?
      I think the limit is set at 25lb per individual. Anything more you'll need to meet ATF storage and licensing compliance.

It may have changed, we use to buy it buy the case years ago.

Comment

I was thinking like 8 pounds or so. Thanks for the info guys.
        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

I was thinking like 8 pounds or so. Thanks for the info guys.
          I have powder that is 50 years old, shoots great. Buy in bulk for sure. Wideners has some swiss precision powder which is an imr equivalent which shoots great, and its cheap.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I just picked up 8 lbs of unique for $109.00 That'll last me a while.
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

I just picked up 8 lbs of unique for $109.00 That'll last me a while.
              I have tons of unique, I can't get it to meter for shit in my 550.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                I have tons of unique, I can't get it to meter for shit in my 550.
                Unique is super dirty and meters horribly. For every day plinking i suggest Winchester WST or 231. I also like the VihtaVouri cylindrical stuff, it's just a bit pricey.
                It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by jtm98snake View Post
                  Unique is super dirty and meters horribly. For every day plinking i suggest Winchester WST or 231. I also like the VihtaVouri cylindrical stuff, it's just a bit pricey.
                  I use bullseye for plinking in low velocity rounds. For my 44 mag and 10mm loads I use 2400. Shame that I have a whole lot of Unique sitting around. I'm sure it will meter better in larger powder dies and if I worked the dies a little. Some guys swear by the stuff (probably single stage guys).

Comment

Damn, looks like I might try to get rid of that then. So, 231 meters better in a dillon?
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

231 or WST will meter fine in your dillon. 231 / WST = ball powder
                      VihtaVouri N340, 320, 310 = is cylindrical
                      Unique = flake

I've never had problems with 231/ WST or the VV powder metering conistently out of my dillon, but for some reason the powder system doesn't like the flake style powder. For everyday shooting i doubt you can go wrong with using 231
                      It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by jtm98snake View Post
                        231 or WST will meter fine in your dillon. 231 / WST = ball powder
                        VihtaVouri N340, 320, 310 = is cylindrical
                        Unique = flake

I've never had problems with 231/ WST or the VV powder metering conistently out of my dillon, but for some reason the powder system doesn't like the flake style powder. For everyday shooting i doubt you can go wrong with using 231
                        you can meter flake if you polish your powder die and then coat it with a thin car wax. it wont meter at all polished, but wax it and it meters flawlessly.

Comment

Working...
                        X