Inexpensive Heads Up Classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive Heads Up Classes

I'm looking into running some lower budget, heads-up classes at the track this year and wanted to guage the interest level. Let me know if you have any thoughts on the rules and, if Saturday is not an option, would you be more interested to race on Friday Night or Sunday afternoon. TIA

LATE MODEL FACTORY HOT RODS
    *1994 & Newer year models
    *OEM blocks/heads/internals/transmission
    *Factory installed fuel tank/battery
    *275 Drag radials or smaller, no slicks
    *Current tags mandatory
    *Single stage nitrous limit
    *70mm turbo or smaller

NORTH STAR STREET (Rules adapted from Affordable Street at Holly Springs)
    *Small blocks w/ 1 kit or turbo (85mm or smaller) = 3000#,
    *Big Block w/ 1 kit (23' heads only, no olds ,pontiacs, big duke or big chief, heads) no c.i. limit = 3250#
    *28X10.5 (no w's) or 275 DR.
    *No wheelie Bars

IF you run 5.29 or faster you will have to add 100#s next race.
    Last edited by NSNick; 01-16-2011, 09:21 AM.

Looks like fun
    True Street MotorSports
    901 N McDonald St Suite 100
    McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
    Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Those sound good, but I dont fit in the late model class and am too slow for the other class

Nick, have you ever hosted a 7.0 motormadness race out there? IF not, and you're interested, let me know. On the 7.0 board they mention that they are trying to sure up the '11 sched and looking for tracks, so I mentioned you guys, but if youre interested I will let them know to call you.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Yeah, I would be interested on talking to them. Is it Lorenzo that runs it?

Comment

This is a Mustang site, with the majority of the members having a 1985 or so and up Mustang. I would open it up to those years as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NSNick View Post
            Yeah, I would be interested on talking to them. Is it Lorenzo that runs it?
            yea Lorenzo and I think chuy has a something to do with it too.
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

A racing class without fox bodies would be weird

Comment

I like the idea of this class. Im working on ge tting my car back up & would like to run it in a class. My car is a solid 7.0 car. But shit 7.0 is slow & all the fast cars will just dial there cars back down to run that class.

But the rules you posted sound good & I think the current tags and inspection will weed out alot of the faster cars. Not all of them. But it will thin the field & it be with cars running a 275 Drag Radial should also make it interesting
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                And while his kidney stones pass,
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I think the factory hot rods class sounds like a great idea. Id make the drive down to run in it.
                  Sunday would be ideal for me as i would be off work, if not Saturday would be good too.
                  Last edited by F8LSVT; 01-17-2011, 08:08 AM.
                  1990 GT

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                    This is a Mustang site, with the majority of the members having a 1985 or so and up Mustang. I would open it up to those years as well.
                    X2

Comment

I'm looking into running some lower budget, heads-up classes at the track this year and wanted to guage the interest level. Let me know if you have any thoughts on the rules and, if Saturday is not an option, would you be more interested to race on Friday Night or Sunday afternoon. TIA

*Big Block w/ 1 kit (23' heads only, no olds ,pontiacs, big duke or big chief, heads) no c.i. limit = 3250#
                      *No wheelie Bars

I think this class will have lots of cars.

Comment

LATE MODEL FACTORY HOT RODS
                        *1994 & Newer year models
                        *OEM blocks/heads/internals/transmission
                        *Factory installed fuel tank/battery
                        *275 Drag radials or smaller, no slicks
                        *Current tags mandatory
                        *Single stage nitrous limit
                        *70mm turbo or smaller

*No wheelie Bars

I'm in...

Comment

*No wheelie Bars

One question though, would you consider upping the 85mm to 88mm? Thats kind of an odd ball size, I don't think there's many car around here with an 85mm. I think that an old NMRA deal.
                          If you do up it you could limit it too Air to Air only. I know you don't want a ton of rules but that would be easy to police and I can think of 5 cars right now that would be down.
                          What about blowers?
                          Last edited by bigshoe; 01-16-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Id like to see it targeted at later model cars. As the years have gone on, cars have gotten heavier. Do you really want to race a 2800 pound coupe against 3800 pound gt500's? You should have plenty of car countand good races with the above rules...especilly wiith current cars coming out with more and more hp.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
                              One question though, would you consider upping the 85mm to 88mm? Thats kind of an odd ball size, I don't think there's many car around here with an 85mm. I think that an old NMRA deal.
                              If you do up it you could limit it too Air to Air only. I know you don't want a ton of rules but that would be easy to police and I can think of 5 cars right now that would be down.
                              What about blowers?
                              Yup, with unlimited displacement on BB's and no restriction on pills... 88MM wouldn't hurt a thing.

That 5.29 thing would be a bummer though, I think you'll have a LOT of cars that are capable of 5.1's on that rule set.

Comment

Working...
                              X