Finally posting some pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally posting some pictures...

Been talking about it, but never get to post them. So finally got out there today and took some pictures

This is still a work in progress. Have to put up the baseboards, and trim a few other things. Have some extra carpet that I'm gonna build some bass traps out of. Also going to relocate the projector behind the couch on some type of stand. Haven't quite got that far into exactly what I'm gonna do with the projector. It's so freaking heavy, I'm scared to mount it above, on the ceiling lol! Also in the works is building a "fixed" screen. Not sure how big I'll go. It's 120" right now, and I think I can manage a bit more. I definitely want enough to cover the windows you see behind it on either side.

The projector is a CRT projector. Marquee 8500. It's been converted to receive digital signals. 2 HDMI inputs, and a full 1080P picture! It's absolutely incredible!

And my beloved Sub
    There are 2 main important speakers, the center channel and the sub, then come the left and right front, then the rears. I spent quite a bit on the sub, but it was worth EVER penny! Anyone thats listened to my system will tell you, it absolutely ROCKS! Two 18's in a sealed enclosure, powered by 2400 watts of pure sex! It hits INCREDIBLY hard! And dips down to about 5hz! So it will literally rattle your teeth lol!

Are those 15" or 18"?

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
      Are those 15" or 18"?
      Hmmm, good question. They do look like 15's, but I've always thought they were 18's. Guess I should go out and measure them. It's been so long since I got this thing, I could be completely wrong. Either way, it pumps out an incredible amount of bass in that room!

Comment

NICE!

I have a decent setup but cant really let it all out due to living in an Apt. I would piss quite a few neighbors off lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
          NICE!

I have a decent setup but cant really let it all out due to living in an Apt. I would piss quite a few neighbors off lol
          I could never live in an apartment again lol!

Comment

Nice setup and damn on the subs...lol
            Didn't you have a HSU sub at one time. The VTF-3 is one I'm talking about. How did you like it? Thinking of getting depending on our tax refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
              I could never live in an apartment again lol!
              Yea already looking for a house lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
                Hmmm, good question. They do look like 15's, but I've always thought they were 18's. Guess I should go out and measure them. It's been so long since I got this thing, I could be completely wrong. Either way, it pumps out an incredible amount of bass in that room!
                I'm just guessing from the pictures and model number. I'd love to hear what a true sub could do that isn't overdone. Most of the ones in the stores overpower the music.
                Last edited by line-em-up; 01-21-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                  Are those 15" or 18"?
                  15"

Very nice HT set up, Nick. I bet you can bring down the ceiling watching something like Cloverfield, Percy Jackson, or Iron Man on BD near reference levels.

Comment

Hey nick let me know when you need some one to hook you up with some baseboard and trim. LOL!!

Comment

awesome. i say mount the projector on the ceiling but i'm guessing it's not very light.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                        awesome. i say mount the projector on the ceiling but i'm guessing it's not very light.
                        Bout 150 pounds! lol!

Comment

Build an Ottoman to house that projector and leave it on the floor. Then you have a place to put your feet too!

Comment

sweet jiblets thats a big fucking projector! Doesnt it kick out some crazy heat back at you?

I would suggest a smaller unit and celiing mount it. I have a Epson 6500UB and love it, about to be on my 3rd bulb and still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                              sweet jiblets thats a big fucking projector! Doesnt it kick out some crazy heat back at you?

I would suggest a smaller unit and celiing mount it. I have a Epson 6500UB and love it, about to be on my 3rd bulb and still going strong.
                              Have you ever used one of these larger CRT projectors? It has an amazing picture, full 1080p. I changed the board in the rear of it, adding 2 HDMI inputs. Plus these bulbs last 40-50,000 hours.

I had smaller digital projectors for a long time, but this one blows them all away by a long shot!

Comment

Working...
                              X