Why does my restroom smell like ass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does my restroom smell like ass?

No one has dropped a deuce in there in two weeks and every time anyone walks into it (guest bathroom) it smells like a fresh dump was just taken. Any ideas what is causing this smell?

Are you a victim of an upperdecker?

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
      Are you a victim of an upperdecker?
      I was about to say the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
        No one has dropped a deuce in there in two weeks and every time anyone walks into it (guest bathroom) it smells like a fresh dump was just taken. Any ideas what is causing this smell?
        Might be coming from your sink. Run some water through it. If the P-trap doesn't have water in it, sewage odors can come up through it. There should be some water in the P-trap to avoid that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          Might be coming from your sink. Run some water through it. If the P-trap doesn't have water in it, sewage odors can come up through it. There should be some water in the P-trap to avoid that.
          Yup or it could be the wax ring needs replacing.
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

shit in the toilet

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
              Yup or it could be the wax ring needs replacing.
              X2

Comment

Are you still in Red Oak, Michael?

I'm thinking the wax ring under the toilet, myself as well. It's at least a good excuse to put in one of these:

I had to pay a little for it, but my ass couldn't be happier. It's like riding in a Caddi and dumping at the same time!

Comment

We had 2 of this same (or very close to) shitter in our place. Was installed by the previous owner, in about 1985. I think they were like $700 at the time, with awesome colors.

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  Are you still in Red Oak, Michael?

I'm thinking the wax ring under the toilet, myself as well. It's at least a good excuse to put in one of these:

I had to pay a little for it, but my ass couldn't be happier. It's like riding in a Caddi and dumping at the same time!

Comment

The dual sinks in our Master bath has the same problem out of one side. I can smell the gas coming up the drain pipe. The stupid P trap was not working right, so I tried to adjust it, no luck. Replaced it and it is about %85 better, but still has that smell sometimes. Run the ater for a minute and it goes away. I can't for the life of me figure out why just one side does it. I've removed the "new" P trap, it is full of water. Sink gets used several times a day too. Driving me nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                      The dual sinks in our Master bath has the same problem out of one side. I can smell the gas coming up the drain pipe. The stupid P trap was not working right, so I tried to adjust it, no luck. Replaced it and it is about %85 better, but still has that smell sometimes. Run the ater for a minute and it goes away. I can't for the life of me figure out why just one side does it. I've removed the "new" P trap, it is full of water. Sink gets used several times a day too. Driving me nuts!
                      You may have also a venting issue. Where those pipes go through the wall there should be a stub up from there that essentially provides a natural vent that will help keep most of that out, and with the P-trap eliminate any and all odor. If you live in an older house it could very well not even have a stub up vent in the bathroom for the sinks. A lot of times plumbers will tie them all in together with the toilet and tub/shower drains, but I have seen many cut corners and find that they have none of that. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                        You may have also a venting issue. Where those pipes go through the wall there should be a stub up from there that essentially provides a natural vent that will help keep most of that out, and with the P-trap eliminate any and all odor. If you live in an older house it could very well not even have a stub up vent in the bathroom for the sinks. A lot of times plumbers will tie them all in together with the toilet and tub/shower drains, but I have seen many cut corners and find that they have none of that. Just a thought.
                        House is 3 years old so it should have all that in place. The other wierd thing is the sinks behind the master bathroom (dual sinks also, similar looking setup) does not have this problem. Just the one sink I use does!

Another strange thing, I only seem to notice this in the winter. When it is nice and warm outside, no odor in the bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                        X