So how screwed am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how screwed am I?

I wanted to fix the leaking drain in my daughters bath tub so I went to Home Depo and got a new twist turn assemblyfor the drain. I went to take the old one out when I got home and instead of unscrewing the piece of shit plastic pipe snapped under the tub. I have no access behind the tub without pulling out my kitchen cabnets and countertops. So is my only choice to pull part of the freaking tile and walls down and pull the tub?

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
    54 Olds 88 2dr HT
    12 Camaro SS convertible

yes

Comment

slab house?
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Can you create an access panel inside one of the cabinets? That way you don't have to tear into a finished wall, and don't have to pull the cabinets.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Screwed
            www.MidnightHourMoving.com

Comment

I've thought about it all week and I am going to move some cabnets out of the way in the kitchen and try to get to it that way.

54 Olds 88 2dr HT
              12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to cut throgh the back of the cabinets instead of move them?
                G'Day Mate

Comment

If it is a slab house you're probably going to have to lift the tub. I'd call a plumber and at least get their opinion before ripping anything out. I tried to fix a shower drain once and ended up cutting holes in the wall only to realize the shower had to come up. I really don't think you will regret spending the $50-100 to know if you're pissing in the wind.

Comment

assess this situation.. which is cheaper.. tile or cabinets?
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      Wouldn't it be easier to cut through the back of the cabinets instead of move them?
                      This is what I would do!

Comment

I ended up pulling part of the counter top and a corner cabnet out of the way in kitchen. I cut a hole in the wall for access and then found the drain in the ground was not lining up with the overflow at all. The pipes were pulled over in a bind. Thats why the cheap thin plastic waste and overflow was so easy to break in the first place. It was a huge pain in the ass but over a few nights after work I pieced together a bunch of fittings and heated and bent some pipe ending up with a working drain.

This is how far it was off.

Here it is repaired. All in all other than my time spend it cost me about $70.00 to fix it.

54 Olds 88 2dr HT
                        12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

wowww
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

We heat and bend clear sch80 PVC all the time in the industry I'm in. It'll be fine as long as the glue joints are good.

Comment

Nice work.
                              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                              X