Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finally track tested the coyote swap Race car today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally track tested the coyote swap Race car today....

It runs and ran well. No running issues but found that the trans leak I thought I fixed was actually something else. Luckily I have the part in hand and will be swapping it tonight.

Powerband is WAY different than the old 2V motor. Coyote doesn't have that hard hit in the low RPM's....however, it pulls to the moon!

So, after a complete removal of all wire, all fuel lines and starting over, it ran great without issue, even the ABS.

Car flatout moves but I think getting rid of the 3.73's and going to 4.10's is needed. Motor needs revs to run.

Off to the shop to fix the trans leak and re-load the car for the trip to Hallett tomorrow for the race weekend. Yay!

No pics?
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Nice!
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I bet that thing is a hoot
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Sorry, have been busting ass getting it done. Got it on the lift to fix what I thought was the VSS leaking but looking closer, the tail shaft housing is cracked. No racing this weekend. Bummed out but them is the breaks.

Comment

put some jbweld on it and go do what you gotta do. You are changing it out anyway.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              put some jbweld on it and go do what you gotta do. You are changing it out anyway.
              too much chance for a fire. My goal is to get this thing sorted a little bit more and get some of the recent bodywork painted and sell it. no need to make more work for myself.

Going to hunt for a tailshaft housing when we get back and try to get it fixed.

Comment

Damn that sucks, I was looking forward to seeing is this weekend at Hallett, why are you selling it?
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  Damn that sucks, I was looking forward to seeing is this weekend at Hallett, why are you selling it?
                  One, it is sellable as it has the most wanted of everything in AI/AIX with the FR500 ABS, Moton Reservoir shocks, 14" brakes, 17" wheels, coyote driveline, awesome aero and is LIGHT and sorted and reliable (to be proven again).

Second is we have too many cars to maintain this one has been the most expensive with the Camaro a close second. Trying to prep and transport two cars all the time is killing me and our wallet. We are finding we are having to pay for work to be done because I just don't have the time and our shop isn't air conditioned. We are planning a move after 3 years in our current location and that A/C situation may change, but we haven't inked that deal yet.

I doubt it will ever sell because I will want around $35k and now that it will run on 93 octane, weekend expenses went down about $300. I'm also experimenting with different tires again to save money but I think I am trying to do too much with a 275 tire. we shall see. The Camaro is going to have to go to 315's or we need to find about 200lbs to cut out of it. It's destroying 275's way too quickly although the new watts link I built has fixed some of the rear tire issues....I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X