Will tire aspect ratio make a noticable difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will tire aspect ratio make a noticable difference

I have a 2012 Boss 302, the factory tire sizes are 255/40/19 front and 285/35/19 rear. I have a easy access to several sets of like new take offs for about 100 bucks a set for me. The problem is they are a smaller sidewall at 255/35/19 and 285/30/19. Will it be noticable on the track. I have yet to take it on the track and the thought of almost $2K in a set of tires scares me. I know the gear ratio will be slightly changed but will handling be different and what should be expected?
    Originally posted by Marisa
    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
    I have a 2012 Boss 302, the factory tire sizes are 255/40/19 front and 285/35/19 rear. I have a easy access to several sets of like new take offs for about 100 bucks a set for me. The problem is they are a smaller sidewall at 255/35/19 and 285/30/19. Will it be noticable on the track. I have yet to take it on the track and the thought of almost $2K in a set of tires scares me. I know the gear ratio will be slightly changed but will handling be different and what should be expected?
    Noticeable? Well, yeah. you are effectively increasing spring rates and making the shocks work harder.

However, you probably won't notice a huge difference your first few events. Just do it and have fun.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I didn't think about how it would change the spring rates.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Working...
      X