custom 1911's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom 1911's

I'm starting to build a compact 10mm 1911 for my carry. It's been a while since I did this last, and apparently the days of $69 frames are over. So far the cheapest railed frame I've found is $349. Has anyone seen some good deals lately? I would prefer in the white, no finish.
    Last edited by CJ; 01-17-2011, 09:04 AM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I'll check with sti for you. So far the pricing I've seen has been a little high but it never hurts to look.
    Www.greatsouthwestgun.com

Comment

I've been wanting to build a custom 1911. Brownells sent me a email about these frames, expensive though.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

You can still get Double Star's for under $100.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          I'm starting to build a compact 10mm 1911 for my carry. It's been a while since I did this last, and apparently the days of $69 frames are over. So far the cheapest railed frame I've found is $349. Has anyone seen some good deals lately? I would prefer in the white, no finish.
          This is something I have been wanting to do for a while, except full size 10mm. Are you going to make a build thread. The only thing stopping me would be me exp.
          Last edited by VaderTT; 01-17-2011, 11:45 AM.
          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
            This is something I have been wanting to do for a while, except full size 10mm. Are you going to make a build thread. The only thing stopping me would be me exp.
            Yeah I can do a build thread. I have a full size 1911 in 10mm, and I would like one i can carry.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I am looking to do the same build let me know about any deals you find.
              Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
                I am looking to do the same build let me know about any deals you find.
                x2

Comment

I really want one in 38 super.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    I really want one in 38 super.
                    I know a guy who was debating selling one... be a upwards of a grand.

Comment

CJ, what do you suppose parts for this build will cost, overall?
                      Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

CJ, are you looking for a "commander" size frame or an "officer"? Also on the light rail... Do want it cross cut "ala picitany style"?

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                          CJ, what do you suppose parts for this build will cost, overall?
                          I would be lucky to get out under 1k with quality parts I would presume. I think I'm going to have to do this one seat of the pants.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            I would be lucky to get out under 1k with quality parts I would presume. I think I'm going to have to do this one seat of the pants.
                            Cool. I was asking because I've been kicking around the idea of a 2011 framed 10mm in a compact(commander?) length. Figured it'd be cheaper to build than to buy.
                            Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Holy crap - I just started looking at the 1911, curious to see what all the hype is about.

I had no idea there were so many variations, manufacturers, accessories, etc.

I don't even know where to begin. It's almost too daunting to tackle. I'm that guy that hates to buy something and then find out I could have done it better for less, or that I should've done this or should've done that.

Where to begin???

P.S. - I'm looking for a good CCW. My current (and only) pistol is a cheap Kel-Tec P11 9mm.

Comment

Working...
                              X