Miller 211 or Hobart 210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 211 or Hobart 210

I've been wanting to pickup another small welder since mine took a crap. Since both machines are rated the same, both are a multi-voltage machine, both will run a spool gun I can't see why someone would pay the extra $300 or so extra for blue paint and the name. Is the gun better quality? I've had experience with a Hobart 140 and it was a decent machine for what we were doing. Anyone?

hobart is millers "home use" brand. they phase parts out quicker but its like a toyota and lexus so to speak.

Comment

Miller
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

Miller....sold the hobart to buy a miller

10000 times better

ive got a 211 its way better than expected

Comment

Franks, can you go into detail on why it's better?

Comment

I was having trouble with penetration with the hobart...it also was very hard to make weld look good.

the miller layed a super nice weld right out of the gate with no adjustment on 110v. I tried it on the 220 with even better results. Penetration hasnt been a problem with the miller at all and is by far smoother running.

Are you in fort worth?
            if so I might be able to arrange for you to swing by and try it

Comment

I was looking into the 252 but with me moving it from one place to another I settled on the 211 mvp . Glad I didnt spend a shit ton more money and get the 252.

This has been one of the best welders I have used and trust the welds to hold unlike the hobart ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jmd View Post
                hobart is millers "home use" brand. they phase parts out quicker but its like a toyota and lexus so to speak.
                Scion to lexus

Comment

Thanks, I'm in Waco or I'd take you up on that for sure

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                    Thanks, I'm in Waco or I'd take you up on that for sure
                    If you are buying new, hit up king regan the snap on guy in Waco. He can get you a welder from Dupuy way below cost.
                    07 GT500
                    05 SRT10
                    88 turbocoupe T-bird
                    93 Cobra
                    86 coupe
                    Ducati 848

Comment

My girlfriend bought me a millermatic 140 mig rig and it has been a GREAT welder. I would definitely buy miller again.

Comment

I got a Miller 211 with the spoolmate 100, it's a great little machine. The spool gun is a different story, I couldn't get it to weld 1/4" aluminum correctly. It kept blowing out the wire inside the tip no matter how much I adjusted the settings. Also the contact tips are one of a kind (fine or metric thread).
                        sigpic
                        1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
                        1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

I have been using the 211 for the past three years or so and its never had any issues. Many of the components within the 210 and 211 are identical, and being produced by the same company are tested to the same standards. The 211 does have infinite voltage control and the 210 does not. I think you would be more than happy with either machine.

Whatever you decide on run it with 230 if you can.

Comment

Miller all the way...I have 3 Miller welders, and their plasma cutter... I ended up buying a Millermatic 140 for sheetmetal. It's GREAT. Also have the Bobcat for field use..True Blue, never had a failure on any of these machines.
                            Last edited by dcs13; 06-30-2013, 07:35 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post
                              I was having trouble with penetration with the hobart...it also was very hard to make weld look good.

the miller layed a super nice weld right out of the gate with no adjustment on 110v. I tried it on the 220 with even better results. Penetration hasnt been a problem with the miller at all and is by far smoother running.

Are you in fort worth?
                              if so I might be able to arrange for you to swing by and try it
                              Franks was your Hobart a 230v or just 115?
                              I have ran an old Hobart 135 for 10 years and it has been a workhorse! Excellent penetration, nice clean welds. The gun on my 135 is even Miller.
                              I did need something with a little more umph for some chassis work so I bought a Hobart 190 with the spool gun, have yet to hook it up...

First thing I do with all mine is swap the ground to a Tweco, makes a world of difference over the stock roach clips...

Comment

Working...
                              X