Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which holster are you USING for concealed carry???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which holster are you USING for concealed carry???

I'm not gonna go search in Canada. We need this thread here.

I'm obviously going to try a few different models first-hand, but someone who's worn a specific holster for a while is a better resource. What's comfortable in the shop might rub a hole in your hip after a day of wear, hang up on draws etc.

What are you using and why do you like it? Why do you not like it? What gun and how big are you, method of dress when carrying....
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

I carry a 1911 in a galco leather holster-

(not my gun, but same holster)

I am a small framed guy and it wears good on me. Drawing and reholstering shouldn't be a huge issue for a CCW holster, as it should only come out to stop someone (ideally never).
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD40 Service. Got the horsehide for the leather and very worth it during the summer. Moisture never soaks into the leather.

Very comfortable, but I will recommend you wear an undershirt. I wear an Underarmour undershirt in the summer. I've worn it during the summer, outside all day with out issue on two different shooting days (except where sweat on underwear elastic underneath holster did make a raw spot, good otherwise).

Be sure to get a pants size larger than what you wear to make room for the holster, and a good gun belt. I bought the belt from Crossbreed as well. I'm 6'0" @ 210lbs.

I wear with Dockers or Jeans, but always with an untucked shirt (T-shirt, Polo, sweatshirt, etc) that's about 3-4" below the top of the pants.
      Last edited by GhostTX; 01-17-2011, 12:11 PM.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

what you gonna carry don? i have a small assortment of holsters for a few different pistols you are more than welcome to borrow.

i had a crossbreed supertuck for my 27, but i hated the complexity of putting it on and taking it off since i am not supposed to carry in the office. i sold the supertuck and bought a Don Hume leather single clip. its just a comfortable, conceals just as well, tons easier to take on and off and about 1/3 the price.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          what you gonna carry don? i have a small assortment of holsters for a few different pistols you are more than welcome to borrow.

i had a crossbreed supertuck for my 27, but i hated the complexity of putting it on and taking it off since i am not supposed to carry in the office. i sold the supertuck and bought a Don Hume leather single clip. its just a comfortable, conceals just as well, tons easier to take on and off and about 1/3 the price.

god bless.
          Same gun that sits in my car, Glock 27.

Also, rear carry or side carry?
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            Crossbreed Supertuck
            X2 but I use a ankle holster somethimes too. Tucks inside my cowboy boots. Not the quickest to get to but the most comfortable.
            You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Dammit Don I just sold my two Glock holsters last month after deciding I was going to try something else next. I had excellent luck with both of my Comp-Tac holsters, a CTAC and a Shirt Tucker (which isn't made anymore). Both were very comfortable and they were the "Slide" version which allowed me to use anything from the full size down to the sub compact model Glock's. I'm using the CTAC to now carry a full size 1911 as well as the Kimber Ultra Carry, no problems carrying all day although with any gun and holster you need to have a good belt.

Comment

Paul, which model Don Hume are you using ???
                dont downshift!!

Comment

I use Sidearmor for my Glock 19...

IWB
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Bianchi 100 for my Kimber and a cheap Balckhawk for my XDm.
                    The Bianchi is comfortable. The high side keeps the gun off my gut and was what I was looking for when I went shopping.

Comment

Crossbread supertuck.
                      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Quest all leather iwb, 6 o'clock, g33. 198lbs 32in jeans sagging a little bit, untucked dress shirt.
                        Last edited by VaderTT; 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM.
                        Ded

Comment

I'm using a WRB. It's not very fancy. I'm new to carrying one so trying to figure out what works best for me. Glock 27 is what i'm carrying as well. It fits ok, just hard to sit down with it. But walking it's fine.

edit* and they said it has a lifetime warranty.

Comment

I carry a 4" 1911, in a IWB holster made by Tagua Gunleather. I wear it on my right side at 3 o'clock. It wears comfortably all day, at work or not, on/off equipment, in the truck, you name it.

Generally I wear jeans, but sometimes shorts in the summer. Almost always have a button up short sleeve shirt on, occasionally a tshirt. As GhostTx said, the shirt comes down 3-4 inches below the jeans.
                            Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Don, I have both the galco and Blackhawk in stock. Your welcome to test drive both and see what you think.

I myself use a Blackhawk.
                              Www.greatsouthwestgun.com

Comment

Working...
                              X