Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger Striping in black base coat... Fix before clear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Striping in black base coat... Fix before clear?

Any way to fix this before shooting clear? I think I shot it too wet and possibly too close. First time spraying anything so I guess live and learn...

Anyways, is there a way to fix this before I put the clear on?

Try wet sanding to remove the high spots then reshoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Try wet sanding to remove the high spots then reshoot.

K, what grit would you recommend? And when I'm done wet sanding, what steps do I need to take to prep it for reshooting? Soap and water, dry, tack, shoot??

Comment

1500 wet sand and spray 2 more coats base and adjust the fan on your gun. Stay 8 to 12" away and dont start from the center.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Just clear over it, its black! Silver will be noticed. Theres no tiger stripping in solid colors.

Comment

Prob happened because u need to overlap the fan evenly one top each other but I'm not a pro

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
              Just clear over it, its black! Silver will be noticed. Theres no tiger stripping in solid colors.
              exactly what i was gonna say. The clear will smooth it
              May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
              Semper Fi

Comment

I'm sure you have already cleared it but if you haven't here you go. If you leave base not cleared overnight sand with 1000(1500 is to fine and may lead to adhesion problems later) and either another coat of base or since it's a solid color you can just clear it if you haven't cut it too thin. It's always a good idea to shoot another coat of base on before clear incase it is thin somewhere. You wont know until it is in the sun, then it's to late.
                For your tiger stripes on black you can just clear it like shagging said. If you have dry shot it to cause the stripes it may be a good idea to 1000 in anyway to flatten the texture you shot in it.

Comment

Working...
                X