Looking for a seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a seat

I have looked at ultrashield, butler, and kirkey, I am damn near set on this one, does anyone have any experience in this realm?

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    I have looked at ultrashield, butler, and kirkey, I am damn near set on this one, does anyone have any experience in this realm?
    Where do I begin?! LOL! Just one suggestion, go to Tyler with you Helmet and get fitted for a custom Ultrashield. Pay the price, wait about 6 weeks and it's on your doorstep.

Things to keep in mind if you are a shorter driver. The required right side head restraint can block your vision to the passenger mirror...and can keep you from getting out of the car that way. Are you going to have a helmet with an air hose on it? Is it side feed or top feed? If side feed, they are usually on the left side. Again, a halo seat will interfere with that air hose connection. Also, the left side of the halo can make it VERY difficult to get out of the car if it is a fixed seat. The containment seat in our Camaro makes it very difficult for me to get out of the car even with the slider all the way back as my hans catches on it.

With the custom seat, it fits you better, doesn't hurt your ribs, elbows or arm pits and you can have the halo cut back a bit to allow better vision and access. Trust me, it was the best money I have ever spent on the car!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
      Where do I begin?! LOL! Just one suggestion, go to Tyler with you Helmet and get fitted for a custom Ultrashield. Pay the price, wait about 6 weeks and it's on your doorstep.

Things to keep in mind if you are a shorter driver. The required right side head restraint can block your vision to the passenger mirror...and can keep you from getting out of the car that way. Are you going to have a helmet with an air hose on it? Is it side feed or top feed? If side feed, they are usually on the left side. Again, a halo seat will interfere with that air hose connection. Also, the left side of the halo can make it VERY difficult to get out of the car if it is a fixed seat. The containment seat in our Camaro makes it very difficult for me to get out of the car even with the slider all the way back as my hans catches on it.

With the custom seat, it fits you better, doesn't hurt your ribs, elbows or arm pits and you can have the halo cut back a bit to allow better vision and access. Trust me, it was the best money I have ever spent on the car!
      I have seriously considered a custom from ultrashield but I was able to sit in one of those Kirkey 45's and it fit like a glove, the head restraint isn't in my way either, seemed perfect for me, I also really like the way that it's constructed. I am going to order one from summit and sit in it for an hour with my laptop, if it sucks, send it back.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
      X