Where to buy a Nagant from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy a Nagant from?

Think I would like to have a Nagant and I have been looking at a bunch of places online to get one from but not sure what I should be looking for in one. Was thinking about getting one from JG Sales for $90 but then they also have some for $120+ but I can't tell much difference other than the cheap one has the hex reciever and the expensive one has a round one and laminated stock.

It's just going to be a plinker so I don't need anything too fancy and I can always follow CJ's thread to dress it up if I feel frisky.

So should I go with the cheaper one or the more expensive ones?
    Jon

Hex receivers are generally regarded as higher quality and stronger chambered. The later war and post war rifles can be very rough and have very finicky actions. If you know how to work an action over, it shouldn't bother you. However, given that the price difference is so small why not go for the classy one? If you can find a Hungarian rifle that would be best.
    Last edited by CJ; 01-18-2011, 04:33 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Go to Military Gun Supply and just walk out with one instead of ordering it.

As for what's good or bad I have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        Go to Military Gun Supply and just walk out with one instead of ordering it.

As for what's good or bad I have no clue.
        Thats a good idea, get what you want, try them out.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

www.aimsurplus.com has the cheapest I have found anywhere...
          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Think it was aimsurplus I just saw them for 69 dollars. Maybe on gun-deals.com though.

It was..

http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealt...ory=4&subcat=5 (at aimsurplus for 69)
            Last edited by ceyko; 01-18-2011, 07:19 PM.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I have one I would sell you. its a Russian built Masin Nagant M44 with side folding bayonet. Comes with several stripper clips. Shoots like a charm! Call me 214 212 8042 or PM me. Your call!

Comment

It was built in 1944, and is in great shape... No mystery to the rifle's shape or reliablity since I have used it and kept it in a gun case.

Comment

I am looking for one also but I want the short barrel mosin. Which models all have short barrels? Does anyone know any place around dfw that has them in stock? Thanks
                  Last edited by 98sohc281; 01-26-2011, 03:41 PM.

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with No cats dumped ,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray

Comment

Cabelas had em for $89

Comment

Originally posted by 98sohc281 View Post
                      I am looking for one also but I want the short barrel mosin. Which models all have short barrels? Does anyone know any place around dfw that has them in stock? Thanks
                      M44s are the shorter barrels. 91/30 are the long bastards.
                      The m44s throw some fire when you shoot them, but theyre fun, cheap and pretty accurate.

Comment

Maybe too late on that one. I buy a fair amount and sell some stuff on that forum. Never had a problem, recommend you keep on eye on it. Along with gun broker and texas gun trader.

Comment

Also, I'm not a Nagant expert but my buddy just bought one (from that site too ...200 dollars for an older year model with almost 800 rounds). Between my research and his research I learned a little.

You may want to think about the new model ones. They become a little cheaper made compared to the older ones. Just read about them, cause I can't even remember specific years and stuff right at the moment. I do know there is a lot of neat history behind these rifles too.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X