need help rebuilding a 99 gsxr motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help rebuilding a 99 gsxr motor

Well guy went out for a ride monday and went to get on hwy and chain came apart and took out the case so i need help puting my stuff in a new case.

any want to make some side money?

Cheaper to find a complete motor and swap it.

Comment

this is true, I had to put a new trans in my 98 gsxr over last winter. It was a pretty good bit of work, I don't think you'd like paying me to do that side work.

Comment

got pics of the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
          this is true, I had to put a new trans in my 98 gsxr over last winter. It was a pretty good bit of work, I don't think you'd like paying me to do that side work.

what kinda price we looking at and yes will post pics when i get home.

Comment

post pics and we'll go from there

Comment

well i pulled the motor out of my old bike just going to put a trany in it and slap it in my bike know thanks.

Comment

labor to split cases is usually $1K, that's after YOU get the engine out, not us.
                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

I had close to a grand in parts replacing the trans in my 98, I had to replace everything that had a dog or contacted one. I did make an adapter to bolt the motor to that allowed me to bolt it to my engine stand. It make the job a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                    I had close to a grand in parts replacing the trans in my 98, I had to replace everything that had a dog or contacted one. I did make an adapter to bolt the motor to that allowed me to bolt it to my engine stand. It make the job a lot easier.
                    yowza, i must have gotten really lucky with my 05 gsxr750, i ate the trans up (bent shift fork), found a complete trans on ebay for $100, did all the labor in my garage in 2 nights, bolted it back in and never had another problem. never realized how expensive it could have been.

Comment

well got the motor in geting oil and new chain today.

Comment

I looked at doing an Ebay trans, but given I wore mine out in just under 20K, I didn't want to risk getting someone elses junk. I knew I'd put the new trans through the same abuse as the old one. Mine probably started as some worn dogs on the gears, which put extra side pressure on the shift forks which eventually caused one to bend pretty severely. My last ride on it was pretty sketchy on whether it'd make it home or not. Started sounding like pea gravel being thrown into the air dam on decels and while in neutral. My buddy did a turn key trans job on a 03 or 05 gsxr 750, I think it totaled about 3 grand with a pair of tires added in.

Comment

welll now i am not geting a spark any one know were i can get wiring digram

Comment

where are you located?

Comment

irving tx 75061

Comment

Working...
                              X