PC boot problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC boot problem

Okay guys, so i shut down my PC to pop in some Corsair DDR3 1600MZ Ram to join my Patriot G-Series ram.

Shut down the pc, used some compressed air, grounded myself, and then popped in the new ram.

Of course, on power on it now just tries to boot for 1 second, full Motherboard status lights on, and turns off, and continues to try to cycle like this every 5 seconds.

I am about to dive in it to see if anything got jostled loose, as well as look around for my motherboard manual. Anyone have an idea of what im looking at here?

after reading a thread a few threads below mine, its possible i shorted a power switch since its looping. What can i do to fix this if that is the problem?

My power supply is a Corsair HX1000W modular PS

Comment

motherboard is a MSi P55-GD65 socket 1156. It appears to be getting to 6 phase power mode, which is all indicator lights lit.

Comment

so i obviously pulled out each DIMM one at a time to see if one was causing a problem, including going all the way to having all sticks pulled, and it still did the same cycle, with no beep. Is my motherboard kaput? Sounds like it could be.

Comment

Pull everything but one stick of ram, your vid card and the necessary power and see if it'll boot. If it does, reincorporate items one at a time till it won't boot. That'll help isolate the culprit.

Comment

Okay, so ill try to isolate it from my hard drives and optical drives. I dont really have much else internally.

Comment

Yes, all you want to do is see if it'll post(show the self diagnostic screen @ first power on) so disconnect and remove everything but one stick of ram, and the vid card. If it'll post, add in your OS hard drive.... till it fails then back track and verify that the last component caused the failure.

Comment

so, just did some changes.

Got a Corsair graphite 600T case and new motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3. Made the swap over into the new case. The computer turns on, and is past the previous problem.

Now i dont get video. Tried either of my monitors in either port, and then tried another PCI-E graphics card i had. Closer to getting back going, but im confused on what to do.

Comment

Tried changing things up and putting my GTX 480 into a secondary PCI-E slot , and still no signal.

What is the problem here now? Im getting that the motherboard is going to full phase for power, and it beeps once on power up, but no video signal
                  Last edited by 32vfromhell; 01-20-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

back online. turns out the new ram was bad, and shorted my old mobo, and once i removed it from my new system, it booted just fine.

Comment

PATRIOT usta make good ram but as of late I've seen nothin but problems. Get some Geil and get matched sets if you're gonna OC.

Comment

it was the corsair ram that wasnt working, not the patriot.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                          it was the corsair ram that wasnt working, not the patriot.
                          Lolz, I have a horrible memory and didn't take the time to reread the thread, I just remembered the mention of patriot.

Comment

Working...
                          X