• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrat from Houston says repeal of Obamacare violates 5th/14th amendment

This woman is INSANE

Sheila Jackson Lee Says Repealing ObamaCare Violates Constitution
    By Philip Klein on 1.18.11 @ 4:59PM

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, a Democrat from Texas, said on Tuesday afternoon that repealing the national health care law would violate the Constitution.
    Arguing that the Commerce Clause provides the constitutional basis for ObamaCare, Jackson Lee said repealing the law by passing Republicans' H.R. 2 violates both the Fifth Amendment's right to due process and the Fourteenth Amendment's equal protection clause.
    “The Fifth Amendment speaks specifically to denying someone their life and liberty without due process," she said in a speech on the House floor moments ago. "That is what H.R. 2 does and I rise in opposition to it. And I rise in opposition because it is important that we preserve lives and we recognize that 40 million-plus are uninsured.
    She continued, "Can you tell me what’s more unconstitutional than taking away from the people of America their Fifth Amendment rights, their Fourteenth Amendment rights, and the right to equal protection under the law?”
    Jackson Lee mentioned the names of several people who she said would be helped by the national health care law, including a schizophrenic, a dialysis patient, and somebody whose mother cannot otherwise get dental care. “I know they would question why we are taking away their rights,” she said.
    She went on to declare, “I’m prepared to stand, extend a hand of friendship, standing on the Constitution to enable us to provide for all the citizens of this country. This bill has been vetted. This bill is constitutional and it protects the Constitutional rights of those who ask the question: ‘Must I die? Must my child die, because I am now disallowed from getting insurance?'"
    Her comments came during the floor debate on the Republicans' repeal bill, which is scheduled for a final vote tomorrow.

Just consider the source on this one.

Comment

Her mom violates the 5th and 14th Amendments!

/end thread

Comment

Who thinks she took the quiz?
        The elected officials should have to know the constitution inside and out. We need to have a mandatory test for anyone wanting to be an elected official. http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/14/opinion-who-are-the-constitutional-illiterates/

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          She's there for one reason: to get as many entitlement programs as she can for her district. For years, she's proven that right/wrong/fairness don't matter. Imagine Eddie Bernice, but about 10-fold.

Comment

Why couldn't that guy from Arizona go crazy and shoot the members of Congress like this piece of trash rather than Gibbons? It is a bad thing to say but it is true.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

thats a weak argument she has there, in fact you can argue that the health care law violates equal protection because it applies differently to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                She's there for one reason: to get as many entitlement programs as she can for her district. For years, she's proven that right/wrong/fairness don't matter. Imagine Eddie Bernice, but about 10-fold.
                you are correct sir. she is a real piece of work.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Wow...she has NO idea what the 5th amendment is about nor the 14th. Typical liberal, they snag on to one phrase and have no idea about the context.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Oh Sheila! She has a long history of saying stupid stuff:

[L]et me take personal pride…to congratulate Houstonians for being the most welcoming city that I think the Super Bowl has experienced over the last years of its history. We are proud of what we did. We are proud of the family-oriented entertainment that we offered, and we look forward to extending an invitation back to all of you in years to come.

Also, don’t forget the time Jackson-Lee took a cell phone call during a town hall meeting on health care, as a cancer survivor was in the middle of asking her a question:

Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee — who once famously asked where she could find photos of the American flag that Neil Armstrong planted on Mars — yesterday insisted, in stark defiance of basic facts of history, that “today we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace.”

A Congresswoman once called for hurricanes to be given African-American names so that "all racial groups would be represented."

And she also called for Hurricanes to be given African american names. She's a nut and continues to get re-elected.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...#ixzz1BVaAbQ89

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                      This woman is INSANE
                      And you're just now realizing this? LOL!
                      Originally posted by stinginstang View Post
                      Oh Sheila! She has a long history of saying stupid stuff:

[L]et me take personal pride…to congratulate Houstonians for being the most welcoming city that I think the Super Bowl has experienced over the last years of its history. We are proud of what we did. We are proud of the family-oriented entertainment that we offered, and we look forward to extending an invitation back to all of you in years to come.

Also, don’t forget the time Jackson-Lee took a cell phone call during a town hall meeting on health care, as a cancer survivor was in the middle of asking her a question:

Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee — who once famously asked where she could find photos of the American flag that Neil Armstrong planted on Mars — yesterday insisted, in stark defiance of basic facts of history, that “today we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace.”

A Congresswoman once called for hurricanes to be given African-American names so that "all racial groups would be represented."

And she also called for Hurricanes to be given African american names. She's a nut and continues to get re-elected.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...#ixzz1BVaAbQ89
                      She's just a reflection of her constituents. Would you expect more?
                      sigpic

Comment

She is an ass. By virtue of her being continually elected, the blacks should be ashammed of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          She is an ass. By virtue of her being continually elected, the blacks should be ashammed of themselves.
                          i speak for all of us when i say we are.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Her and Quannell X should get married and move to Poland.

Comment

245 votes FOR repeal.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                              X