Picked up a Toyota yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a Toyota yesterday

1984 Toyota Pickup with a 3.5L Buick swap. The rig is completly rust free and only needs a few things to be road worthy, but shouldn't take much.

sigpic

saaweeeet. Dump the camper. I wouldn't even paint it. I would roll it as is.

Maybe do a 3.4L toyota swap.

Comment

I doubt I'll change the swap that's in it if it runs well. The camper for sure has to go. I won't be painting it either. The body is pretty damn straight so it's almost a shame to off road it, but who cares. lol.
      sigpic

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Sweet rig! I had a 86 4runner that had the 4pot in it...had a shitty timing chain so it sounded like a mini cummins but never broke down. It was lifted on 44s and could barely get to 55mph with downhill and tail wind! Would offroad like a beast though! If you have any questions about these or needs some help hollar!

Comment

Paint it black and put some chrome light bars on it. Roll it Marty McFly style!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              Paint it black and put some chrome light bars on it. Roll it Marty McFly style!
              LOL that, or just buff it. I bet it would look decent with a good buff (except the hood, that's fucked.)
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

My Dad had an 86, same type camper shell too, but his was tan with factory graphics. Nice trucks.

Comment

You have to scratch-off the letters on the tailgate and just leave "YO" on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                    You have to scratch-off the letters on the tailgate and just leave "YO" on the back.
                    I'll take "How to gay up a 4x4 for $400, Alex"...
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Like in the 90s when people used to colorize the 'STANG' in MUSTANG GT on the Fox bodies. No thanks.

Comment

I still love those fucking trucks. Viva the mini!

Comment

leave the camper, campers are cool!

Comment

This is no buffing this paint. It's looks like it's been rhino lined. Sorry the camper has to go. I can't handle it. It has however saved the bed from being a rusted mess.
                            sigpic

Comment

needs a bed-bob. looks like a good start. whats the plan for this thing? daily or wheeler? there's times i wish i would have just bought another truck like yours and did small mods instead of diving into the project i did.. sawzalls are bad, mmkay?

http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Working...
                              X