First bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First bike

Went out yesterday and picked up my first bike. I have been wanting one for years and finally pulled the trigger yesterday. It was a long drive but I the guy seemed honest and the people I talked to locally did not. I got there and it was in better shape than I thought plus I got a tube full of parts. A brand new front Pilot tire and I had one or two mods he did not list on-line. I think I came out pretty good.

Half of history is hiding the past.

Nice bike! Only mods I would do right now would be to shorten the can. Congrats and get some good gear.
    Ded

Comment

650 or 1k? i love those bikes!

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Before I spent the money on the bike I forced Myself to go buy gear. I knew if I bought a bike without it I would ride it as long as I had some kind of helmet.

2006 sv650
        The can has already been gutted and does not sound to bad for what it is.I'm sure I will start modding soon. My fox body mustang was going to stay stock with just exhaust now it is no longer a street car and looking to get into the 6.4-6.5 second range this year.

Comment

may i ask the mileage and price you paid? i would snatch up another sv if the price was right.

also, check out holeshot.com he's got some bad stuff for the sv's also svrider.com

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Miles 9000
            Price 3000

Comment

Great choice for a first bike

Comment

That is the exact bike that I recommend to people looking for their first sportbike. You can ride it all summer and likely get all your money back if you decide to upgrade later.

Great choice man, you're going to have a lot of fun on that bike!

Comment

Next on the agenda - learn how to properly tie down a motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                    Next on the agenda - learn how to properly tie down a motorcycle.
                    x2

Comment

You're gonna enjoy that windscreen, trust me. This was my '03.

Comment

Nice bike period, but a perfect first bike at a good price. It is pretty forgiving as long as you don't wack it WTFO in first or second gear. Wear your gear, take a MSF course, keep the shiney side up and ENJOY!

Comment

Working...
                        X