Question on bronco ii's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on bronco ii's

I'm seeing some decent prices for 88-90 4x4 bronco iis. With two kids about to start driving would these make a decent first car for them that I could later turn into an offroad playtoy?

So far most of the concerns I saw was around the 2.9v6 in them but they could be swapped to a newer 4.0 or even a 302.

Was hoping for anyone that has owned or owns one for some feedback on them.

Thanks!
    2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
    1990 GT Convertible

They are very top heavy and narrow. I would look for something else for a first time driver
    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Ahh good idea I recall them having concerns will rolling back when I was in high school. I'm guessing it would be even worse if I got one as a play toy for me as an off road toy and lifted it?
      2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
      1990 GT Convertible

Comment

I bought one a few months ago, and promptly sold it.

The t-case isnt geared very low. low ranges is like adding 4:10's to a mustang. The 2.9 had head cracking issues, and you have to wonder how it could possibly be able to crack the head when it barely makes any power.

Thin and somewhat tall, so tipsy. The TTB front end is somewhat fragile.

They are ranger based so parts are everywhere for them. The explorer ttb front end is stronger and bolt in. I dig the hell out of the looks, but they just arent that great for off road performance.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
        X