Got an offer to trade my Integra for a 2005 Suzuki RMZ450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an offer to trade my Integra for a 2005 Suzuki RMZ450

I've been trying to sell my 94 Integra GSR and a guy offered up a 2005 Suzuki RMZ450 on trade. It only has about 20 hours on it so he says... also he's a motorcycle tech so I would assume that its in great shape. I haven't seen it yet though so I don't know what to really expect.

Not knowing dirt bikes at all, would you guys trade for this bike. I will only end up selling it. I have no interest in riding it other than to check it out. If it's in good shape, then is it worth $2k. That's what I've been trying to get for the car, but this guy is the first one to actually make what seems to be a fair offer.

So please school me on dirt bikes and let me know what I should be looking for. I may even end up taking it to a shop to be checked out. TIA!
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Shit I'll trade you that bike for it.
    Ded

Comment

05 rmz in good condition will fetch around 2500-3k

that being said take someone that knows about bikes with you
      you will want to make sure it runs and shift smoothly and there is no abnormal noises
      Last edited by krazy kris; 01-20-2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

I say an 05 rmz 450 gets $1800-$2200, depending on mods/condition

Comment

this is his ad on craigslist.

Opinions?
          Owner of Titan Towing

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

doooo it

Comment

in these times, its worth 1800-2000 depending on condition. You can buy 09 450s for 3000 right now

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherRedHead View Post
                in these times, its worth 1800-2000 depending on condition. You can buy 09 450s for 3000 right now
                I think people will be willing to spend a bit more than its worth in a month or so with all the refunds. Thats just my opinion.

Comment

Well I did it. I guess we'll see how it works out!
                  Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

selling? why so soon

Comment

I had no intention of keeping it from the beginning. I'm actually really pleased with it, but by trading it I got a little more real estate in the driveway. With it being worth roughly the same price, I figured its a win win situation. I've got room to park my tow truck in the driveway now! lol

Wanna buy it?
                      Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

Post it up on...
                        txmotocross.com
                        texasoffroad.net
                        houstonmotocross.com
                        mxcrazy.com
                        craigslist.com

...for $2200 OBO and it will sell.

Comment

I hope you got a title...I recently had a friend buy a like new 08 CRF450 from a guy for $3800. The seller said he had the title and would mail it...he gave a signed bill of sale. My friend lost contact with the guy so he went to the DMV (6mos later) to register it and get a title...a week later a repo man showed up at his house. Turns out the seller never had the title as it had a lien on it for $6k...friend ended up having to give the bike up and was out the original $3800 plus money he had spent modding the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                            I hope you got a title...I recently had a friend buy a like new 08 CRF450 from a guy for $3800. The seller said he had the title and would mail it...he gave a signed bill of sale. My friend lost contact with the guy so he went to the DMV (6mos later) to register it and get a title...a week later a repo man showed up at his house. Turns out the seller never had the title as it had a lien on it for $6k...friend ended up having to give the bike up and was out the original $3800 plus money he had spent modding the bike.
                            Who the hell hands money to someone with out seeing the title? I can understand if the transaction was done over ebay or something ... but local? (assumption on my part)

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                              Who the hell hands money to someone with out seeing the title? I can understand if the transaction was done over ebay or something ... but local? (assumption on my part)
                              I have bought a lot of dirt bikes and 4 wheelers without the titles and everything has been completely legit. People will lose the title and they don't worry about getting a new one because you don't have to register it

Comment

Working...
                              X