Shaker 500 Speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaker 500 Speakers?

I've got the Shaker 500 System and would like to replace all the speakers. My question is can this be done without any pain in the ass modifications? I know some ford systems have been a pain to even add aftermarket speakers?

I don't want to replace the head-unit just yet, just got the car and I do enjoy the 6-disc changer.

I think my Shaker 500 sounds pretty decent. Might just add a sub and amp.
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
      I think my Shaker 500 sounds pretty decent. Might just add a sub and amp.
      See I have a sub and amp but also want to replace all the Shaker speakers, I don't care for them that much.

Comment

Replacing the 5x7 locations is easy. Replacing the "subs" in the doors is more involved.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
          Replacing the 5x7 locations is easy. Replacing the "subs" in the doors is more involved.
          How's this system configured, 6 or 8 speakers? I keep seeing both while trying to research online. I read about the subs in the door being a little tough, supposedly not many subs can fit in that spot?

Comment

The doors I have seen are 5 1/4" and tweeter in the top location and 7" in the lower location. I have done three way sets in there but only when adding a real subwoofer in the trunk. Even replacing the 7" with a 6 1/2" will require cutting the plastic enclosure, building a mounting ring, and engineering a way to reattach the factory grille (not shown). Speaker set in pictures is JL Audio XR653-CS 6,4,tweet.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by EW; 01-21-2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Shelby / Kicker make a direct fit replacement upgrade for the shaker 500 or 1000...

http://www.shelbystore.com/SearchRes...?Search=kicker

You could just replace speakers, or upgrade everything - although I think going true after market you may get better bang for your buck...

Comment

Working...
              X