S&W 4006 w/3 mags - $310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W 4006 w/3 mags - $310

Anyone heard of these guys? They were advertising on Texas Gun Trader.

I miss my old S&W 5906 and wish I had never sold it. But now I see this and am thinking of picking one up. I know they are built like tanks, but is $310 + FFL + shipping too much?

It's either this, or a EAA Witness .40 in their famous Wonder Finish (I can buy a 10mm conversion kit and kill bears all day)
    Last edited by IHaveAMustang; 01-20-2011, 11:17 AM.

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
    http://www.downtownguns.com/Smith-We...0043003282.htm

Anyone heard of these guys? They were advertising on Texas Gun Trader.

I miss my old S&W 5906 and wish I had never sold it. But now I see this and am thinking of picking one up. I know they are built like tanks, but is $310 + FFL + shipping too much?

It's either this, or a EAA Witness .40 in their famous Wonder Finish (I can buy a 10mm conversion kit and kill bears all day)
    Witnesses are great pistols.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Is that a good deal? Looks like a nice gun?

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        Witnesses are great pistols.
        Trust me, I want the EAA, but the guy selling it responded once and now I can't get ahold of him. He only wanted $325 for it.

I am asking about the 4006 as a "plan B". I have some left over money and would like to get a new pistol.

GSX, from the reviews I have read, these are referred to as "the tanks". They were the first .40 pistol built back in the 90's and have been used by countless California LEA's (this one is engraved Parks). You can even shoot +P through these they are built so well....but I wanted the EAA so I can buy conversion kits and have everything from a .22 up to a 10mm by just simply changing the slide and magazine.

I would buy a 4006 locally, but no one is selling any of theirs here...people love em too much.
        Last edited by IHaveAMustang; 01-20-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Whoever told you that you could shoot +P .40 S&W was pulling your leg. There is no such thing as a +p .40 S&W unless you count 10mm as .40 +P.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Trust me, I want the EAA, but the guy selling it responded once and now I can't get ahold of him. He only wanted $325 for it.
            You can pick up a new one for only about $50 more (+ tax).

Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I am asking about the 4006 as a "plan B". I have some left over money and would like to get a new pistol.

GSX, from the reviews I have read, these are referred to as "the tanks". They were the first .40 pistol built back in the 90's and have been used by countless California LEA's (this one is engraved Parks). You can even shoot +P through these they are built so well....but I wanted the EAA so I can buy conversion kits and have everything from a .22 up to a 10mm by just simply changing the slide and magazine.

I would buy a 4006 locally, but no one is selling any of theirs here...people love em too much.

I have a 4006 I bought in 1995 or 1996. I've carried it as my duty gun since then. I've shot some pretty hot loads through it, loads that are at the very upper limit of the load tables. It's strange seeing an autoloader shooting a blue flame, but I've done it.

The gun is as heavy as an anchor. It is also very reliable. The only thing that has been done to it is the springs have been replaced a few years ago. I'm having to retire it because our range is no longer supporting the S&W guns (armorers or parts).

And no, I won't get rid of it. It will be passed down to one of my boys.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                I'm having to retire it because our range is no longer supporting the S&W guns (armorers or parts).
                Sucks that your department was like, "gentlemen, we will be getting you all new Sigs". But later was like "hahaha, we trolled you, combat tupperware for everyone".
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  Sucks that your department was like, "gentlemen, we will be getting you all new Sigs". But later was like "hahaha, we trolled you, combat tupperware for everyone".
                  Dammit, I hope that's not the end result..

By the way, that's fucking funny as hell!!!

Comment

Dammit, I hope that's not the end result..

By the way, that's fucking funny as hell!!!
                    Combat tupperware? Did you get glocks?
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      Combat tupperware? Did you get glocks?
                      I think that is what he said he was getting at the build party, and that he almost was close to getting a new sig.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I actually ended up getting the EAA Witness .40 with the Wonder Finish for $325. Met the guy last week...immaculate condition...love this gun. It's like a 1911...but better

Tracking down a 10mm slide and a few 10mm mags so I can do the super easy conversion.

Comment

I actually ended up getting the EAA Witness .40 with the Wonder Finish for $325. Met the guy last week...immaculate condition...love this gun. It's like a 1911...but better

Tracking down a 10mm slide and a few 10mm mags so I can do the super easy conversion.
                          How is it like a 1911, and how is it better? It's more like a hi power.

Comment

I have a 4006 I bought in 1995 or 1996. I've carried it as my duty gun since then. I've shot some pretty hot loads through it, loads that are at the very upper limit of the load tables. It's strange seeing an autoloader shooting a blue flame, but I've done it.

The gun is as heavy as an anchor. It is also very reliable. The only thing that has been done to it is the springs have been replaced a few years ago. I'm having to retire it because our range is no longer supporting the S&W guns (armorers or parts).

And no, I won't get rid of it. It will be passed down to one of my boys.

Thanks... dad!

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            LMFAO

David

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                              How is it like a 1911, and how is it better? It's more like a hi power.
                              Witness = cheaper CZ75/85 if im not mistaken. I want one!

Comment

Working...
                              X