My first time using Zaino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first time using Zaino

Since I have a new car ('14 SGM GT/CS) and want to protect it right off the bat and I've heard nothing but great things about the Zaino products I decided to give it a shot. I ordered the Z2, the clay bar, the Z6 spray, ZFX, and the wash. The car has been kept really clean since I got it but I knew it needed to be clayed first as I could still feel the contaminates on the clear coat.

So last night around 11:30 I started by washing it with Dawn dish soap and a new mitt. Then once it was as clean as I could get it I used the clay bar on the whole car and then it was SMOOTH as glass. Next I washed it again with Dawn and then dried the whole thing and pulled it in the garage. I then applied the first coat of Z2 with ZFX and buffed it off. Just that one application made it look AMAZING! Then I went over it with the Z6 spray as directed and then another coat of Z2, and another coat of Z6. At this point it was looking perfect and was easy to apply and remove. Next I added a coat of Turtle Wax Ice for long lasting protection since Zaino isn't really a wax despite how it protects. I finally finished around 4:45am and was exhausted but the car looks amazing. I need to try to get some pics of it now but I'm sure it will be impossible to actually capture the depth and wet look with my camera. I also need to find a good picture spot...

Anyways, to summarize, the Zaino products work exactly as described and they are worth the price IMO.

Edit: Quick pic, still need to get better ones.

Last edited by bird_dog0347; 08-26-2013, 08:22 AM.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

So Zaino then Turtle Wax? I thought turtle wax sucked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Everyone has an opinion on this stuff, and some people think it sucks and others think it's great. As far as I was concerned I just wanted the wax to go on nice and even, buff off easily without leaving an ugly residue allover, and do it's job (protect the paint from the elements). I might try a different one next time but so far this has been great and seems to have met all my requirements.

Stevo

Comment

I've never heard of anyone using Zaino THEN putting Turtle Wax over the Zaino. Interesting.

We obviously need pics.

Comment

One quick pic added. I'll get more/better later after I find a good spot, I also need a tripod.

Stevo

Comment

I don't blame ya. Every time I put Zaino on, the car looks great, but two washes later the water doesn't bead up anymore.

Just like you, I've started putting a carnuba wax over it to seal it all in. I've been using Surf City Garage 'Barrier Reef' because it smells good and works good for me, but really anything made with carnuba will do the deed.

Nice job! LOL at waxing a car at 4:45am! But I used to have a new car too...
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Looks good.

I also washed a car this weekend at midnight (black SUV). Makes it easy plus it's cool outside.
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                I don't blame ya. Every time I put Zaino on, the car looks great, but two washes later the water doesn't bead up anymore.

Just like you, I've started putting a carnuba wax over it to seal it all in. I've been using Surf City Garage 'Barrier Reef' because it smells good and works good for me, but really anything made with carnuba will do the deed.

Nice job! LOL at waxing a car at 4:45am! But I used to have a new car too...
                Yeah, it was an all-night event but I also had to smoke a brisket and a chicken for a family BBQ we did on Sunday and it all had to be ready for lunch which meant I had to be up that early anyways.

And yeah, All I really wanted was a carnuba wax to put on it, didn't care much what brand at this point. The Zaino is what really gave it the shine!

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                Looks good.

I also washed a car this weekend at midnight (black SUV). Makes it easy plus it's cool outside.
                The lack of heat was also certainly a factor in the decision.

Stevo

Comment

I've never heard of anyone using a carunba wax after Zaino. Every time I use it, it beads water for months. The Z-5 after Z-2 always seems to work fine for me.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    What are you using to wash the car? I used Zaino on my wife's M35 and I can go a full year between re-doing the Z5. Her car is outside all day and parks in the garage at night. I use Z7 wash and wipes down with Z6. I can tell the water isn't beading as well after 4/5 months, but it went a full year before it stopped beading.

Don't tell her, but I use her car to test different products.

Honestly, I'm not impressed with Zaino for depth on dark colors, but it is hands down the most durable polish/sealant I've used so far. But it is a PITA to use because it is so sensitive to heat and humidity (streaking).

I've since switched to Chemical Guys BlackLight/Black on both black cars and it is a huge improvement over Zaino on how it looks. Not sure how it compares in durability, yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X