XBox COD IV anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBox COD IV anyone?

Just got the kids an Xbox for Christmas and FINALLY have had some time to buy some games for myself.

My brother suggested COD IV and I picked up on the cheap. (Like 9.99!) So, I'm a noob willing to sacrifice myself easy enough if you're willing to play and help me learn the nuances of the game. (I've been into FPS's since Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein, and of course DOOM.) I'm a novice at the Xbox, grew up on PC games, but understand the concept well enough I suppose. So, who's up for some fun?

Note: I won't let my kids watch this stuff so the games will have to be late and on the weekends.

If you're not interested but have some insight to the game, or have links that could help I'd appreciate it.

(Yes I'm aware Black ops is the new hotness. I'll be happy to catch up when it's below $20.)
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

So you got Modern Warfare for $10, 4 years after it came out, and won't get the new one until it hits $20? So you'll be playing black ops by the time we're all playing call of duty 8 or 9 with holographs and shit? That's not what I would call catching up.

Anyways, have fun. I'm not sure how many people play MW now since MW2 is out.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Ehh. It's a game my brother has. It's fun enough. I had no idea it was that old. I haven't been in the console scene since Super Nintendo. (Aging myself again there....)
      To be honest, if there's a single FPS that many from DFWM.com play I just might get it. I'm look'n to have fun and give/get folks shit about it out side of the game. That is MUCH more enjoyable than playing with complete strangers.
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
        So you got Modern Warfare for $10, 4 years after it came out, and won't get the new one until it hits $20? So you'll be playing black ops by the time we're all playing call of duty 8 or 9 with holographs and shit? That's not what I would call catching up.

Anyways, have fun. I'm not sure how many people play MW now since MW2 is out.
        Agreed. You should pick up a used copy of Black Op's at GameStop or something. The gameplay has completely changed since MW, game style, maps etc.

A bunch of us from the board play on a regular basis that would be glad to help you get in the flow of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
          Ehh. It's a game my brother has. It's fun enough. I had no idea it was that old. I haven't been in the console scene since Super Nintendo. (Aging myself again there....)
          To be honest, if there's a single FPS that many from DFWM.com play I just might get it. I'm look'n to have fun and give/get folks shit about it out side of the game. That is MUCH more enjoyable than playing with complete strangers.
          Black Ops is what most people on here play. The pace of the game is pretty nuts compared to the original MW. Definitely takes some getting used to. SNES was fucking awesome. I still play SNES games on my computer.

Looks like the going price for black ops on craigslist is anywhere from $30-40.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Will be looking for BO (snicker). If anyone finds it super cheap let me know!!

Thanks ya'll. Once I get the game I'll let ya'll know. I suck at COD!!!

Comment

Working...
            X