Jeep 4.2 vs 4.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep 4.2 vs 4.0?

The jeep I bought originally had a 4.2 in it but it's long gone. I need to get a new engine and Im wondering if I should stick with the 4.2 or use a 4.0? If I get a 4.0l Im going to carb it if that makes any difference.

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
    The jeep I bought originally had a 4.2 in it but it's long gone. I need to get a new engine and Im wondering if I should stick with the 4.2 or use a 4.0? If I get a 4.0l Im going to carb it if that makes any difference.
    4.0 out of a 96+ truck and run mega squirt. Carbing it is stupid. If you are inclined to spend a bit more build a 4.6-4.7 stroker.
    Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 08-27-2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

If you are patient, you can buy a complete Cherokee for $500 or less running with the 4.0 and use the wiring, ECM, etc. to make it work. There are too many write ups on www.jeepforum.com doing this exact swap. I did this on my 89 Wrangler. Way too easy!

Comment

Originally posted by 12second5.0 View Post
        If you are patient, you can buy a complete Cherokee for $500 or less running with the 4.0 and use the wiring, ECM, etc. to make it work. There are too many write ups on www.jeepforum.com doing this exact swap. I did this on my 89 Wrangler. Way too easy!
        This is what I did on my cj5. That 4.0ho was such a strong motor even with a ton of miles and it made the jeep fun as hell to drive. Everything off of the old 258 bolted right up to it.

Comment

Working...
        X