• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sd40ve

Smith and Wesson SD40VE
    14 Round Clip
    Streamlight TLR-1S

Nice light.

First post? Clip? You will fit in just fine here.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I used to be member when it was dfwstangs.net

Just signed up for a new account. Clip/Magazine.

Comment

I went back and forth between the 9mm SD and an M&P for a while. After looking at both a few times I ended up with the SD. I really think they are hard to beat for the money.

The trigger can be improved a good bit by removing some weird flashing on a few of the stamped trigger components. That combined with the APEX springs has made a world of difference on mine.

I also found that a majority of the holsters made for the fullsize M&P stuff will work with these.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          I went back and forth between the 9mm SD and an M&P for a while. After looking at both a few times I ended up with the SD. I really think they are hard to beat for the money.

The trigger can be improved a good bit by removing some weird flashing on a few of the stamped trigger components. That combined with the APEX springs has made a world of difference on mine.

I also found that a majority of the holsters made for the fullsize M&P stuff will work with these.
          The trigger pull is harsh, but this is mainly a home/car firearm. If I had it as a CCW then I might look into that more. Holster wise, I found a guy on ebay that makes the Kydex holseters. Found his facebook page and messaged him about making a KYDEX for the SD with the streamlight attached. IWB Kydex holster with belt clip, any color wanted shipped for $54.00 and some change.

Comment

Mine also stays at home. I ended up with a forest city tactical OWB made to fit the with a TLR-3. Some of the turn around times and prices on the more popular kydex brands are ridiculous.

Not sure if the polymer rear sight bothers you, but I was able to find a metal M&P replacement for free by posting on a couple forums.

Comment

Aaahhhhhhhhhh. It's a magazine damnit!
              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I guess I don't quite understand what spot the sd/sigma fills. You can find a used gun that is 100Xs better for a little bit more money. I have shot both and I hate them equally.
                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

If fills the "cheap copy of a glock" spot.

I have not seen a used glock for sale at $300 in a long time.

Comment

$300 gun. Plus tax. Plus a $100 dollar light.

Comment

Gun works just fine.

Comment

Traded a shotgun for it.

Comment

Originally posted by IdabelBlue View Post
                          Gun works just fine.
                          Works just fine =/= quality

Comment

Glocks are already cheap. CheapER copy of a glock has already been taken by Hi Point

Comment

Glocks are not a cheap as they should be. As of 2003 they cost somewhere around $75 to produce.

Inside the violent world of gunmaker Gaston Glock.

Comment

Working...
                              X