Delays Delays Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delays Delays Delays

I have had several hiccups on the build, going to miss my TWS deadline so I had to pull the stang back off the lift with no front suspension in it (dropped the k-member on a movers dolly to push it back to the end of the shop), got the miata back on the lift to prep it for TWS since the stang isn't going to make it. I have had several issues with my Maximum Motorsports CC plates, all weld issues, after talking to MM about my LCA bushings I decided to not use the delrins and switch to spherical bushings instead but I am waiting on a friend with a lathe to cut down the OD of some metal for the bushings. Also had a 8 hour issue with the heads, broken tap in one of the intake bolt holes, was a nightmare to remove!
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Wrenching is so damn wretched!

I hate doing mechanic work, its always something and its always hard. Though it does beat paying $100.00ish an hour at a mechanics shop or stealership.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

that's the way things go.

BTW, I looked last night for the extra upper arms I saved, and it seems that my shop mate tossed them in the scrap trailer before the last load.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        BTW, I looked last night for the extra upper arms I saved, and it seems that my shop mate tossed them in the scrap trailer before the last load.
        Shitttttt that sucks :'(
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Wrenching is so damn wretched!

I hate doing mechanic work, its always something and its always hard. Though it does beat paying $100.00ish an hour at a mechanics shop or stealership.
          Race shops can and do charge more than $100/hr. I feel I give people a break at $85/hr. Electrical work is $120/hr.

Reason for these high rates? You are usually fixing someone else's mess!

Keep working man. You got TWO FULL WEEKS to get ready for TWS!

I'll see you there. My mustang should be 100% by then!!! Can't wait!

Comment

What is the deal on your rx7?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              What is the deal on your rx7?
              Just a run of the mill pushrod motor in a clean car. Not much to talk about really.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Is there a build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                  Is there a build thread?
                  no sir, it's a head cam ls1/t56 combo, 94 rx7
                  I started getting into cutting corners with it but I don't want to race it because it's expensive and nice so it's been sitting, I need to sell it, not too motivated since the value will prob only go up.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                    Race shops can and do charge more than $100/hr. I feel I give people a break at $85/hr. Electrical work is $120/hr.

Reason for these high rates? You are usually fixing someone else's mess!

Keep working man. You got TWO FULL WEEKS to get ready for TWS!

I'll see you there. My mustang should be 100% by then!!! Can't wait!
                    Thanks for the encouragement but the only way I'd be able to get the stang going is if I didn't have a day job , going to do the comp school in the miata, run TTB for the weekend, mustang should be ready for ECR. I am excited to see your stang at tws!

Comment

Status?! First race in Houston is Mid January! You done yet?!

Comment

FYI, I still have the stock upper/lower rear control arms sitting in the garage. I haven't forgotten about you.
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Status?! First race in Houston is Mid January! You done yet?!
                          Hell no, the 3550 has been a real bitch to me, needed 3-4 slider, 3rd gear, case had 3+ cracks, 1-2 fork was old style so the pads were not replaceable, shifter had a pivot bolt missing, etc.... what a PITA. Still chugging away, car should be driving this week, still needs cage work.

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                          FYI, I still have the stock upper/lower rear control arms sitting in the garage. I haven't forgotten about you.
                          Thank you , you going to the xmas part on Saturday?

Lots of updates to come in this section.

Comment

I know a guy who builds cages!

Comment

I know a guy who builds cages!
                              I would be all over that if I just had one of these

Comment

Working...
                              X