Dell/Perot employees on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell/Perot employees on the board?

Do we have any on the board who work in the facility on Plano Parkway? How's the atmosphere out there? Any ramping up going on, or layoffs?
    sigpic

bump. anyone?
    sigpic

Comment

We just did two loans for employees there one of whom had just been hired within the last year. They did not mention any layoffs/downsizing.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
        We just did two loans for employees there one of whom had just been hired within the last year. They did not mention any layoffs/downsizing.
        I imagine you wouldn't tell the person giving you a loan about that. lol
        But thanks, i think i'm still going to look into it just a little bit more.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          I imagine you wouldn't tell the person giving you a loan about that. lol
          But thanks, i think i'm still going to look into it just a little bit more.
          Maybe if it's Jow Blow off the street, but one of them is a manager fairly high up, a previous client, and we know his financial planner personally - very slim chance he was lying to us.

Comment

Just saw this.

I've been here over a year now, no mentions of layoffs, in fact a lot of jobs are opening up in Round Rock due to HP/EDS hiring a lot of old Dell employees in Austin.

Word on the street is they may start staffing up, up here to fill some of those Austin positions, since there's more quality candidates

Comment

I love my job and my group here. It's one of the first times in a real "9-5" job I've ever said that. My boss is an old EDS/Perot guy and cool as the other side of the pillow.

I'll be transferring to the Austin/Round Rock area at the end of the summer, and probably working 90% remote from there.

Comment

Working...
              X