Best BBQ in the Metroplex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best BBQ in the Metroplex

Where can it be had? Just like the title states.

Please give a little info as well not just the name, thanks!

I must say that I really like Red Hot & Blue.

Smoked meat is smoked meat at most places I find, what does it for me is their different sauce offerings. I especially like their Hoochie Coochie spicy sauce. I also love their smoked yams and their Memphis style sandwiches(slaw on the sandwich) are awesome. Their smoked turkey is the best I've ever had too.

I like the BBQ at Rudy's and Hard 8 but their BBQ sauce sucks, and that ruins it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      I must say that I really like Red Hot & Blue.
      x2
      I get the All in burger. It has 1/2 lb patty, pulled pork, spicy onion ring, plus they have an assortment of bbq sauces and spice. Never had a bad meal there. Hell, even the buffalo wings are cooked in the smoker before they are fried.
      03 cobra

Comment

I forgot to say that they have the best potato salad I've ever had too.

Rumor has it they may be building one up by Pizza Hut Park, damn I sure hope so!

Comment

Probably N. Main BBQ in Euless. Their awards are hanging all over the place up there

Fred's in Irving is good too.

Hard 8 in Coppell doesn't hold a candle to the original, but that thick ass smoked pork chop they have is fucking solid.

All of the above don't have shit on my BBQ, though.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Probably N. Main BBQ in Euless. Their awards are hanging all over the place up there

Fred's in Irving is good too.

Hard 8 in Coppell doesn't hold a candle to the original, but that thick ass smoked pork chop they have is fucking solid.

All of the above don't have shit on my BBQ, though.
            See thread below!

Comment

I'll second Freds in irving been going there for years. Red Hot & Blue is badass and close to my house too!
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                See thread below!
                $6/lb, 7 lb minimum. Tell me when you want it.

Comment

I like the chicken at Hard 8, also the ribs aren't bad. I don't like the sauce all that much, it is too sweet but I still eat it. Their sweet tea is always just right for me.

Red Hot & Blue is middle of the road for me, it is better than a damn sandwich or something like that.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    I like the chicken at Hard 8, also the ribs aren't bad. I don't like the sauce all that much, it is too sweet but I still eat it. Their sweet tea is always just right for me.
                    Dude, try the pork chop. I'm telling you. You won't regret it!

Comment

I'd vote for North Main BBQ in Euless as well. I've heard some people say they have bad days there where the food isn't good but the few times I've gone it's been glorious and I can barely walk when I leave.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                        I'd vote for North Main BBQ in Euless as well. I've heard some people say they have bad days there where the food isn't good but the few times I've gone it's been glorious and I can barely walk when I leave.
                        Just like with any BBQ place, there are off days. It all depends on who is running the pit, and how busy they are. BBQ really goes downhill fast, when it's held in a warming cabinet. It dries out way too quick. It will actually dry out faster than anything else will in a heated cabinet. Prime rib included.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          $6/lb, 7 lb minimum. Tell me when you want it.
                          Super Bowl weekend sound good? I'll shoot ya the $100 I owe you also considering you haven't even bothered to get it even though I've told you I'm ready when you are, haha. I'm good on my bets.

Comment

Brisket = Angelos or Railhead
                            Pork Ribs = Angelos or The Smoke Pit
                            Chicken = Coopers
                            Pork Loin = Coopers
                            Pork Chop = The Smoke Pit

These are all places near downtown Fort Worth.

I used to go to North Main all the time and it was good but winning cookoffs doesn't always translate into quality product all the time. I like their serving style though where it's one price no matter what.

Comment

Off the bone in Mansfield, their ribs are amazing. Up in Smoke in Keller is pretty damn good too.

Comment

Working...
                              X