Coyote swap track day video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyote swap track day video

did some testing today and found a couple more gremlins...one being a split open oil cooler. Hope it's ok internally but I'll find out tomorrow.

Video from the rocker sill...love the sound!

Ok, I spent 3 minutes trying to embed. I fail.

for you, Matt.

Comment

Is there a build thread for this?

Comment

No build thread. 10 pages of 4 letter words wouldnt teach ya much

Comment

Love that sound!
          2014 GT
          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Sounds incredible!!!

Comment

badasss
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Needz more splitter camera mount.....Sound is amazing though

Comment

Great sound. That coyote can howl!
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

I was dying for you to pass that porsche. Lol

Comment

Was a test day so limited passing. Had a range of cars from my car down to lemons cars. Never got a clean lap.

Comment

So here is the second session of a couple laps before the oil cooler let go. Interesting to see how the sidewall acts in the corners as well as high speed on the straight.

Comment

Wanted to update the progress of the coyote swap.

Had a mobile dyno at the Track Guys event at TWS this weekend so I was finally able to throw the car on the dyno to see what it puts out. JMS sent me a handheld tuner with 3 tunes. Safe, Medium and Max HP. I had been running the car on the safe tune and decided to put the medium tune in and dyno it. I wanted to custom tune it but the tuner could not gain access to the ECU so we logged what we could and will send to JMS for some tweaking....anyway, on to the numbers right?

Well, it made 457rwhp/399 rwtq.

Peak HP was at 7500 but was really flat from 6500 to 7500.

Considering the car has hydroboost power steering and brake booster running off the engine, that is a pretty stout number. I've had some high readings on mobile dynos before but even if I take off the amount it was high before, the number would still be above 440rwhp. Not bad for a stock 2011 longblock with swap headers and a Boss 302 intake. The tuner did say it had a lot of timing in it and should probably run 95-98 octane to be safe, but I may have that addressed in the tweaking from JMS.

All in all, I'm happy....and love the fact that it runs so damn good! On a side note, a good friend of mine had his 302R on the dyno which had the cobrajet intake and comp stage 3's and made 495rwhp. I'd love to have that kind of power but I think I am going to keep it simple this time!

Comment

that 302R makes about 95 more HP than my 5.0 4V does. Same displacement, and likely similar cam profiles. The new coyote motor is a runner for sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X