Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto car wash extras /upgrades worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto car wash extras /upgrades worth it?

When you run through the auto car washes, are any of the upgrades they try to sell even worth it? ie triple foam Polish, clear coat Sealant etc...

Looking at getting an unlimited plan for car washes and they have a bunch of plans that add extra shit that I didn't know if I should opt for

2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

They make their money on all the little extra crap. If they just get the car CLEAN, it's a miracle. I can do the rest.

Comment

I've never used an automatic car wash and been glad I did it afterward. I take that back, they can get puke off of the outside of a door pretty good.

Comment

Hand wash
        Scott Ganow
        Lone Star Performance
        16300 Midway Rd
        Addison, TX 75001
        214-630-5006

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
          When you run through the auto car washes, are any of the upgrades they try to sell even worth it? ie triple foam Polish, clear coat Sealant etc...

Looking at getting an unlimited plan for car washes and they have a bunch of plans that add extra shit that I didn't know if I should opt for

http://bluewaveexpress.com/endless-wave/
          that shit is for lazy people. that being said I live in an apartment and im lazy. I just get the 4dollar wash and let them hand dry it and tip em 2bux to clean my wheels and tires cuz my wheels are a bitch to clean. that's it though, I vaccum myself and shake out my mats every week.

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
            ie triple foam Polish, clear coat Sealant etc...[/url]
            Scams.

Comment

I got the month of free washes from the new blue wave in roanoke when they opened. Its for the basic and I run the daily thru there a few times a week. For just keeping a car clean and almost spot free I like. They have given me the works for free a few times and the only thing I can see different is the tire shine. I say save the extra coin and go basic. For cars that I truly care about (cobra) its hand wash only.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                I've never used an automatic car wash and been glad I did it afterward. I take that back, they can get puke off of the outside of a door pretty good.
                This. Although there was one in little Rock called Suds that did a pretty damn good job. But I've started hand washing the mustang, and I let my 2 year old "wash" the beater civic for fun. That's the most cleaning action that car gets. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  I typically agree, but my dad goes to one that I am impressed by. It does a really good job of getting his truck clean. As for the extras, I never bother, I have superior products that I put on after washing anyway.

Comment

I like Car Spa with Free Vacuums..

$ 5.00 Wash works for me. I always wax and detail at home occasionally..

I wouldnt run my Mustang through it though.. I only run my newer GMC truck through

Comment

That extra $5 makes the smell and color of the soap change, sometimes. My local Valero station doesn't run the dryer on the cheap wash but the stand alone ones do.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                        I got the month of free washes from the new blue wave in roanoke when they opened. Its for the basic and I run the daily thru there a few times a week. For just keeping a car clean and almost spot free I like. They have given me the works for free a few times and the only thing I can see different is the tire shine. I say save the extra coin and go basic. For cars that I truly care about (cobra) its hand wash only.
                        Same one I go to, seems to get it pretty clean compared to others . I figure if I go with unlimited plan, I can run it through every other day and keep it pretty clean.
                        2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Working...
                        X