Results from the NASA weekend at TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results from the NASA weekend at TWS

Well, I must say this little coyote can run! I only made 3 laps this weekend due to some trash that got fed through the trans and made a mess, but I ran a 1:49.6 which is better than the 1:52.2 previous best. Amazing what some HP will get you. Funny thing is this was a lap in which I got balked by a spinning Porsche and the car felt off, so I know there is another second or TWO in it. This is GT3 Cup car territory so I am very happy with the results of the new motor and aero work.

Wife also ran her new bests this weekend in the Camaro after a lot of suspension work/tuning and she improved nearly 3 seconds through the weekend.

I know Mach1 was there too so report up how the weekend went.

Matt, I was parked next to you with the black Ram Dually and white gooseneck trailer. You even made a comment to me when your wife was around about how you needed a gooseneck. That was as I was preparing to leave and was tired as fuck hand-cranking the landing gear. That's a fast time in that car, I forgot about the Coyote swap or I would have checked the car out some more. You must have got there early, as I rolled in Thursday and your truck was already there. I'll say hi next time, I just never had too many free moments, and never even made it to the keg on Saturday night.

Comment

That's moving. Congrats.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The rain was interesting, my confidence into turn 1 on a wet track was lacking for sure, glad it cleared up, only got a 57 in the miata, figured out I gotta be on sticker A6's to compete in TTB $$$$$, glad I am building a CMC car Hung out with the AI/CMC guys a bit and wrenched on a CMC camaro a little. Got my provisional comp license, it was fun playing with some CMC cars in comp school.
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Wish I would have made it, wondering how far into the 40's I would have gone. Weathers apparently ran a 45, I would hope to be within a second or two of that.

A 49 is an awesome time any way you look at it!
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
            Wish I would have made it, wondering how far into the 40's I would have gone. Weathers apparently ran a 45, I would hope to be within a second or two of that.

A 49 is an awesome time any way you look at it!
            yeah, he strapped on the sticker A6's and dropped 5 seconds, moving!
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

There were cars headed down 6 both ways while we were headed to/from MSR. It was pretty cool to see the CWS cars headed to Dallas, and the NASA cars headed in/out of TWS.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

How did the 24hr go?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                  How did the 24hr go?
                  Long. We were actually leading overall after a few hours in but just couldnt keep up that pace for long. There are some really fast teams that have their shit together, and they are tough to keep up with. We had a few issues pop up that kept plaguing, like tail lights. It was a goddamn free for all out there after dark, the track didnt have any lights, so the flaggers were bored I guess. We got flagged several times for tail lamps not working, but they were on when we got to the box. Then rain came.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                    Long. We were actually leading overall after a few hours in but just couldnt keep up that pace for long. There are some really fast teams that have their shit together, and they are tough to keep up with. We had a few issues pop up that kept plaguing, like tail lights. It was a goddamn free for all out there after dark, the track didnt have any lights, so the flaggers were bored I guess. We got flagged several times for tail lamps not working, but they were on when we got to the box. Then rain came.
                    Damn, sounds crazy!

Comment

I just read where Property Devaluation Racing wrecked out hard at the end of the race and may have totalled their new car?

Comment

yeah, they got hit in the fairmont wagon in December, and built an LTD out of the wagon parts. They ended up head on into the pit wall, and totaled the new LTD.

Comment

Are you saying you could run a 46 in a streetcar?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                            Are you saying you could run a 46 in a streetcar?
                            Seeing as how I ran a 50 with a 100% stock ZR on the very first Saturday morning warm-up session last year on nearly corded slicks (they corded next session, SRF fluid, and everything else 100% stock down to the factory alignment, seats, everything, yes.

I now have race seats, harnesses, some other minor weight reduction, camber kit (with proper alignment for race slicks), poly bushings, brand new Michelin race slicks, etc., I could EASILY pick up 3-4 seconds. Time will tell though. Plan to get out there later this year or early next year and find out. Michelin race engineer watched my video and told me going from -1 neg camber to -3 (which is what they recommend) along with other camber tweaks to caster/toe, rear alignment, etc. would alone pick up 1-2 seconds on the Michelin slicks on the 2.7 TWS course.

Again, believe what you want, but my car feels completely different now with the proper alignment and race seats where I'm not having to jam my elbow and knee into the door to hold on. I can't believe I've run track days for over 13 years with stock Vette seats. Driving is so much better now with race seats.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                              Seeing as how I ran a 50 with a 100% stock ZR on the very first Saturday morning warm-up session last year on nearly corded slicks (they corded next session, SRF fluid, and everything else 100% stock down to the factory alignment, seats, everything, yes.

I now have race seats, harnesses, some other minor weight reduction, camber kit (with proper alignment for race slicks), poly bushings, brand new Michelin race slicks, etc., I could EASILY pick up 3-4 seconds. Time will tell though. Plan to get out there later this year or early next year and find out. Michelin race engineer watched my video and told me going from -1 neg camber to -3 (which is what they recommend) along with other camber tweaks to caster/toe, rear alignment, etc. would alone pick up 1-2 seconds on the Michelin slicks on the 2.7 TWS course.

Again, believe what you want, but my car feels completely different now with the proper alignment and race seats where I'm not having to jam my elbow and knee into the door to hold on. I can't believe I've run track days for over 13 years with stock Vette seats. Driving is so much better now with race seats.
                              yeah, I think you could run a 46

Comment

Working...
                              X