Crossfit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossfit

went to me first workout today. kicked my ass. i'm starting on monday, 630am classes. frisco location.

i'll post up results, pics in a few months.

i have heard nothing but good things about crossfit.

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
      i have heard nothing but good things about crossfit.
      That's because it kicks ass.

Comment

Originally posted by TINKRD View Post
        went to me first workout today. kicked my ass. i'm starting on monday, 630am classes. frisco location.

i'll post up results, pics in a few months.
        Right off the tollway?

What do they charge?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Right off the tollway?

What do they charge?
          The Crossfit affiliate that I go to charges $135 a month for classes three times a week. I imagine that's pretty typical but I could be wrong. Regardless, you can get daily crossfit workouts for free with instructional pictures/videos from www.crossfit.com. Hard to beat the person to person instructions though depending on how familiar you are with olympic lifts.

Comment

Damn I didn't know it was that expensive!!!! I guess it must be pretty good though since I haven't heard much bad

Comment

frisco crossfit is 150 unlimited or 100 for twice a week. Saturdays are free.

working out in a group of 30 > working out on my own.

i was very surprised that there were complete strangers rooting me on, patting me on the back, etc. it's a very group motivated type atmosphere. i'm pretty excited to finally start.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                That's because it kicks ass.
                if jiu jitsu wasn't so expensive, i would join.

Comment

Crossfit is the shit, I have been doing it for about 2 weeks now and some of the best workouts I've ever had.

Comment

not to be a crossfit nut hugger or anything, but i like to watch these two clips for motivation.

Comment

That's pretty spendy for me right now. I'll see what I can work into my existing workout.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        That's pretty spendy for me right now. I'll see what I can work into my existing workout.
                        As long as you can motivate yourself to both lift and do a mix of cardio you'll get the same results. The biggest plus of these programs is probably the team aspect with the motivation assistance.

You can always just oldschool circuit train if you want to have a similar workout.

Comment

30+ people at a workout is too much for me. If you need to be yelled at to push yourself harder then work on self motivation. Like mentioned is basic workouts with a very low investment of equipment.

If you really want a good workout find someone who used to be in special operations. Did that back in high school and you learn what your body can do.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                            30+ people at a workout is too much for me. If you need to be yelled at to push yourself harder then work on self motivation. Like mentioned is basic workouts with a very low investment of equipment.

If you really want a good workout find someone who used to be in special operations. Did that back in high school and you learn what your body can do.
                            to each their own. I push myself hard on my own in teh gym, i push myself harder when i'm in a group atmosphere.

kind of the same reason runners normally run faster during a race vs. when they train. its all a mental game. Who cares what it takes, just as long as you get it done.

Comment

That's awesome that you're pushing yourself more,JP. If I could talk myself into spending that much money and if you weren't going to the one in Frisco,I'd join ya.
                              Keep up the work-it'll be worth it in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X