Mice in the attic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mice in the attic

so what's the best route here? where i'm hearing them is the hardest part of the attic to get to, so checking traps every day or two will be a huge pain in the ass.

how bad will it stink if i just leave out poison and they die in the walls or wherever?
    Justin

stick a cat up there and let nature do its thing

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
      stick a cat up there and let nature do its thing
      thought about that, but i'd probably end up shooting the cat from meowing all the time!
      Justin

Comment

Nothing a shotgun wont fix

Comment

I had the same problem. I have an odd shaped home kind of like a horseshoe with entry in the garage you have to crawl all the way around to get to anything. I bit the bullett crawled up there and placed traps at all the coroners since these pests tend to stick to the perimeter. After some investigation I figured out where they seemed to be hanging via the rat pelletts. So I went ahead and placed some poison as well. Checked the traps a week later and caught one big ass rat! That seems to be it, I reset the traps and have not had any problems. However I'm guessing once summer hits that anything that may have died via rat poison this winter will become nice and smelly.

Comment

yea but unless its a massive rat bro they wont stink up that bad. you wouldnt smell it in the house if its in the attic normally. and you should think about installing a scuttle on the other side of your horse shoe house to prevent from having to do that lol

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

My boss did the poison route in our shop and mice are gone but a couple died in the walls(office)....fucking horrible for a couple weeks, IMO use the traps and check em every day.

Comment

Working...
              X